Chapter XXIII

Not edited.

Christian's POV

I was the one that could not let her go.. Not alone.. I was the one that pulled the trigger of to my own rage.. But how could I not? Was I supposed to stand and listen to that bastard call her his? My mind went blank. I lost control. I was burning up, and the feel of his bones cracking underneath my hands gave me the satisfaction I was ready to proudly present.

Did he not know that he was not supposed to touch what didn't belong to him? Most of my existence it was considered that nothing but madness dominated the dark state of my mind, and I did not deny it didn't.. But, yes, the sane part of me knew that Lana didn't belong to me either. I knew for fact that she didn't.. Perhaps it was because she refused to.. Or even I myself feared to admit I wanted that to be the truth.

But it was stronger than me. In that moment, there wasn't no breathing creature that could stop me. The deal was to stay away unless she asked otherwise.. However, the bastard crossed all limits. And I still believe that things cannot be handled unless they are handled my way, and my way only.

So I did just as I promised her that night.. No matter how angry I was at her for letting her braveness overpower her, thinking that she could make damn closures on her own and saying the deal was off, what his words did to me was could no longer be controlled, not even by my own self.. As if my body was controlled by those strings that fury held over me, I took her and disappeared in the shadows with one last look into Khan Morpher's eyes.

Lana.. She was stubborn the least.. Trying to be independent and guided by her own courage and boldness, she thought she was supposed to suppress those problems in her life alone. I told her once, and I was once again ready to tell her a million times.. She was not alone. Because, no, those same problems didn't turn only her life upside down.. They did mine too.. Dimitri's, Amelia's.. Everyone that was in that house. We dealt with the same thing, and I could not convince her in that reality.

But hey, I had other methods that I refused to use on her till then. I kept my promises. And the previous night, I told her that I would be the one taking her away.. Even though she thought I was kidding, there was no place for that in my life. I had done things far worse than death to many.. This was not one of those things. I was only protecting her, because yes, admit it or not, it was my job. I got her in the mess when I made that deal with her.. So we were handing it together, even if that meant kidnapping her from her own 'courageous' self.

And so while I was expecting to be met with fury behind those wild eyes, all I saw was relief. It had only happened to me once in my entire life that was the point of eternity, and that was that night when I kissed her, being overpowered by the force that simply pulled me close to her.. Without thinking, without caring.. Never before had I felt such control over my own self.. Control by my own emotions.. And it happened that night too. However, I couldn't control the astonishment that washed through me when I saw that reflected back on her.

She acted faster, and I was aware that she was taken by her own impulses.. I understood that she didn't want to be there, that she felt betrayed by those she truly loved the most, so as a side effect of that, in that moment she seemed to idolize the thought of me being some conqueror that pulled her out of that situation. Little did she know, she was the only lionheart there was, and I was glad to be the one to see it. She just chose the wrong situations to be brave, ending up with nothing but ache..

Once again, she showed vulnerability that I was so damn pulled towards.. She let me see her raw self, and that was what I adored the most on her.. In moments like that, I saw her pureness, a callow girl that wanted the world underneath her feet, trying to find justice and genuineness in the cruel world none of us ever chose, but had to survive through our whole lives.. I saw innocence and decency that I could not allow being taken from her.. It's what made her whole and perfect.