Chapter 2

EDITED

She's awake. Finally.
I evaluate, as I hear the creek of the floorboards in  the narrow hallway. And I'm not in there, so it has to be Sam.
She saunters into the kitchen without a care in the world, well that's her demeanour anyway, she actually stumbles towards the cupboard groaning, probably looking for aspirin.

"My head is killing me!" She complains, clutching her forehead in obvious pain.

"Maybe you shouldn't have drank so much last night? Or were you even drunk, were you high? No, my bad, you were fricking both. You were intoxicated! What were you thinking? I am seriously doubting the fact, that you've got a brain in there somewhere...maybe it's holl-"

I am cut off by her voice,
"Spare me the lecture. I get it."

We sit in silence for a few minutes. Well, I sit. Sam just stands there leaning against the table, staring off into thin air.

I decide to cut right to the chase,
"Where is the rent money?" I ask.

"I have it...well had."

"Where is it now?"

"I spent it!"

"On what?" My voice is incredulous.

She shrugs, not answering.

"We need the money now. I have paid your share of the apartment multiple times. I can't afford to it again."

"Oh what was I thinking entrusting you with all the rent money! And what did you spend it on, drugs?" I continue angrily, glaring at the moaning girl in front of me.

Again, Sam doesn't answer. That confirms my answer.
"You need help, Sam" I mutter.

Sam rolls her eyes, " You need help," she says childishly imitating me.

I love Sam, I really do. I have know her for nearly my whole life (which is 23 years) and we are best friends for life. We met in 1st grade. I found her crying under a table because her parents were arguing. They were getting a divorce. I crawled under there too afterwards, and comforted her. Before you know it, we're best friends and sharing an apartment with each other. But the girl standing in front of me, that isn't Sam. This person isn't my best friend, only a shell of her...a stranger I thought I knew.

"I'm going out," she says, snapping me out of my thoughts.

"What? Where? Again? You're not in the right health to be going out again!"

"I'm going to get the stupid rent money you've been bitching about for the last 5 minutes. I'm meeting up with some friends," and before I can reply, she stands up and walks out of the room.

I shake my head in frustration. If I stay in this place any longer, i'll flip. The way I was talking to Sam wasn't angrily, more calm and well...concerned. I will always care about her, no matter how many times she messes up, but you can only push someone so far. Thank God I've got work.
I actually bothered to get a decent job (well multiple) unlike some people who think whoring away to men is a good profession. And whatever money she makes, and however she makes it, she never brings it back home to share or pay rent.

I go into my room, have a quick shower and then get changed for work. I don't need to get changed in anything fancy. No, I'm not a waitress, I work in a bakery, not on the counter, but behind in the kitchen.
I am very proud to announce that, I am the head baker and leader of all the bakers there , which is only two, excluding me of course, but still.
It's a very small bakery with only a few customers, and I get paid a very small amount of money, but I honestly don't care. It is my favourite job out of the three. I love it there.

I look in the mirror, checking if I look decent. My now short hair, rests on my shoulders and my outfit is second hand and the colour is a bit washed but I look ok.

I apply some lipstick on, then scrub it off using my towel that lay on my bed. Then I put on some cheap lip gloss.
Perfect.

I walk out of my room into the kitchen and start making myself coffee- a gift given from God himself. I drink it black because the milk takes away all the taste.

I'm about to take my first sip of heaven when Sam walks in. She is dressed in a tiny tube top, which leaves her boobs popping out a and booty shorts which can pull off as a belt. Then 6 inch heels. I'm glad of didn't take a drink as all the contents in my mouth would've been sprayed all over the table. All her assets her hanging out for the whole world to see and I can't help but cringe.

"What are you wearing!?" I literally scream

"Clothes,"

"Yes, for a two year old!"

"Oh shut up, you're not my father!"

"No but I'm you're best friend," I say more softly.

Her eyes soften a little and I feel like smirking triumphantly that I made a crack in her armour but soon enough they harden again and she turn on her heel, walking out of the apartment without even a single bye. The only thing left to comfort me is the echo of the door as it slams shut against the weak door frame behind her.
Don't cry, don't cry, don't cry.

I repeat again and again in my head: you're fine...just fine.

________

What do you guys think? A new chapter of my newly constructed book. That was a pretty long chaper, well for me it was.

I'm thinking of changing the name of this book. Ill post an update with my thoughts.

Does anyone have any ideas on who Sam could be? Like cast wise, who would play Sam.
Message me or comment on this chapter.

Don't forget to vote and comment and share.

The next update will be Friday evening!
Till next time: x_oluchi_x

XXXXXXX