Chapter 15

I am woken by a call.

It is loud and annoying and goes through me. It is no other than the call of my name from the one and only Sam.
Yay! She's back. Note the sarcasm.

"Savi!? Where's the milk? Are we out? I can't have tea without milk!" She complains from the kitchen. She is acting as if nothing happened and for that, I am consumed with a bitter hatred for the hoe sitting in my kitchen.

I get up out of bed briskly and stride to the kitchen. My actions are quick and before I know it, I am before Sam. Surprisingly, she is wearing bootcut, baggy jeans and a old shirt that says, "Let me draw you a map to hell, so you don't get lost when I send you there," . She got that made a while ago. The text is so long that it had to be done small so you had to squint to read it. She loved that shirt! She never wears it anymore... I'm shocked it still fits her!

I try not to smirk as I read what is said on her top. I'm still mad at her, very mad.

"Sorry Sam, we don't have milk. Sadly we can't afford it, just as we can't afford a roof over our heads!" I say through gritted teeth. I clench and unclench my fists and glare heatedly at her.

" Oh, " she just says.

I roll my eyes then leave the room abruptly. I enter my room and change into my work attire- by work attire, I mean a pencil sirt, blouse and cardigan. I have quit my jobs and i'm going to a meeting with them.

I clutch my forehead. I have a slight headache. It doesn't kill me but it is quite painful. I am taken from my thoughts by the groan of my door opening. Savi walks in timidly. she is staring at her feet and refuses to look me in the eye.
Good! She should feel guilty!

"What!?" I snap. I'm not bothering to be kind. I've passed that stage a long time ago.

" I-uh- I wanted to apologise. What I did was out of hand and I shouldn't have slapped you. I don't hate you and I know you worry about me. You just need to realise I can take care of myself... "

Silence fills the room. Sam looks up at me hopefully. My bitterness melts away and I instantly forgive her and run to her giving her a big hug. I tell her that we will start over and our everything behind us.

Not!

I narrow my eyes at her.

"What do you want?" I question suspiciously .I

"What do you mean?" She answers innocently . If Sam is something, it definitely isn't an actress. I can see through her little act easily.

I don't say anything. I simply state her down.

"Fine, fine! I need money, ok? I need $650 now!" Her sweet tone is no longer present . Now it has been replaced by her usual bitch tone.
That didn't take long.

"And where do you expect me to get it from? My ass? Sadly, money doesn't go from trees," I say blankly . I make sure no emotions show on my face. My voice is almost monotone.

"You got the investment- it won't make a dent in your allowance! And I'll pay you back!" she smirks cruelly .

I pause.

"How did you know I got the investment? I've only told Emma!" I narrow my eyes.

"You've been talking to that bitch?"
I ignore her question.

"Have you been spying on me!?"
Sam shrugs nonchalantly. Fury bubbles in my chest and I clench my fist painfully.
Shit's gonna if down hoe!

"You not only insulted Emma but have the cheek to come here bloody asking for money? You continually test me time and time again and I'm sick of it!"

"So are you going to give me the money?" She mutters boredly .

I again ignore her question.
"Goodbye Sam. I have a meeting which I am late to but you probably know is that, right?" her eyes say it all.

I walk right past her and our the apartment. As I step out, tears clog up in my eyes and threaten to fall.
Why am I crying? Hormones...

I wipe my tears furiously and march out the building with my head high, faking confidence I wish I had.

~
I knew something wasn't right the minute I entered the conference room. Instead of them giving me a smile and saying hello, I was greeted by scowls.

They don't even say hello.

"I knew I was going to regret investing in you but I thought to take a risk," Mr Hale says bitterly.
Why is everyone bitter nowadays?

I stare at them confused.

"What do you mean?"

Mr Hale scoffs while Mr. Johansson and Mr. Youvareses glare at me.

Mr Johansson throws an article on the desk in front of me.

WATCH OUT - GOLD DIGGING WHORE

Recently signed by HJY investments, Savannah Jones has already found her place - in bed next to the famous Caden Walker himself. Pictures were taken of Mr. Walker carrying Savannah into his car and then late in the evening, him carrying Savannah to his bedroom. But what the real question is, who is Savannah Jones. A source says,
"She is a gold-digging slut. She probably slept with the investors to get the investment. Opening her legs is probably the only thing she's good at"
Another says,
"She was at a club yesterday, and you should have seen her on the dance floor. She was grinding up against every make in sight. God, she disappeared with a couple of men then reappeared later with messy hair and amended up dress,"

Why would HJY Investments hire someone like that?

Caden Walker has said nothing about this. He has simply replied to 'No Comment' or every question directed at him. Are they in a relationship? Is Savannah cheating on him? Or is she just his new toy for the night? Find out more on page 6.

My eyes widen in horror as I read it. I am just people write such cruel things about me.

"So what do you have to say about this?" Mr. have questions accusingly .

I can't seem to find any words. I close and open my mouth like a fish.

"We know that you didn't sleep with us to get the investment,telling us that, that part is a lie. So what's to say everything else is true. We are trying not to jump to conclusions, but the pictures say a lot."

This could ruin everything I've worked hard for. I've quit all my jobs. They can't drop me!

"The part about the club, I was drugged and nearly raped," I answer truthfully .
"Me and my friend went to celebrate the investment and a !ale drugged me and took me to a room with his friends. I got away luckily."

They nod. I think they believe me but I can't be too sure.

"And the part about Mr Walker,"

There was now way to explain this. I couldn't say he saved me but people would think I repayed him by sleeping with him or something messed up like that.

"He- he- he's my finance," I blurt out. I am shocked by my words.
What the hell have I just done!

"Your finance, huh? You expect us to believe that?"
Oh god! They can't drop me! I need the investment and nobody will invest in me after reading that article.

" It's true! " I lie.

They huddle up together and talk quietly between themselves. This leaves me nervous.

They finally pull apart.

"We are giving you 3 days to prove yourself. I want proof that you are enganged to Mr Walker,"

I nod and leave the room.
This day couldn't get any worse!

***

I have finally updated! Exams are over! I hope ypu guys enjoyed that chapter!

The next update will be Saturday evening!

Don't forget to vote, comment and share!

Xxx