Chapter 5

Heyy Happy Valentines day!!!

Katniss pov

its been two days since i kissed peeta.He as not been in school since. I'm starting to be regretful as it was my fault about the kiss and Delly hates me so much she literally pushes me over several times and i broke a nail! ugh!!!!

It's valentines day today so love is in the air, HA ye right! I'm driving to school and park in my usual space. Our new group the victors have been so popular its basically a crime if you dont leave there usual parking space free. However i do notice the space next to me isnt empty as it has been the last two days. You guessed................... peeta is here. As i walk in i get greeted by the usual people as im popularrr whoop whoop. All the girls have literally crowded around some boy flirting with him and probaly guessing who the big love-heart shape bag belongs to he is holding in his hand. I see him, the boy who kissed me,the boy with the bread(as he ownes his families bakery), the guy with the ashy blonde hair and ocean blue eyes, peeta mellark.

He turns to me and then smiles and walks off! i wonder what is wrong with him. All the teachers seem to be in a lovey dovey mood always asking if anyone got any valentines. Its so annoying when everyone puts there hand exept me and delly. Peeta obiously got a valentine from every girl in his grade. All through lessons he carries the red love heart bag and i wonder what is it. was it a gift from someone orrr is it a present to give to a girl?

its halfway through the day and i go to my locker to get my next clases books. OMG! my locker has been opened i can tell by the way the lock is un clicked i rush and run to my locker and push it open wanting to see if anything was missing. Everything was there though....... and something else.

The red loveheart bag peeta was carrying.

i zipped it opened and found lots of little chocolates and flowers but what suprised me the most was a note

roses are red,

violets are blue

baby your hot!

but hey, thats just you

i started to blush and carried on reading

meet me around the corner of the school at the end of the day xxxx

love you loads, stay with me?

and that was enough to make me melt. But was it from peeta? was it a dare? i hope not i want it to be true i re-read the message and hurried off to my next class with big red cheeks!

We had the bubbily office lady who i met on my first day! i kept my laughter in but only just. She introduced herself as effie trinklet.

She was particually interested in our love life and asked every induidual pupil about it. Oh no! i was defo scared all the unpopular people who didnt get a valentine were teased and they looked down in embarresment. What if i said no? i would be the laughing stock. if i said peeta and it wasnt him i would get so embarresed but i have no choice. Annie obiously said Finnick and Finnick said annie , peeta said he cant remember he bined them all and that got some girls crying. Finally i was left and when every one looked at me i couldnt help but say " peeta.... i think" all the girls stopped and turned Delly gave me a dirty and peeta.................................................. he just stood up and walked towards me. Shoot!!! What if he shouts it wasnt him , what if i get smacked, what if he humiliates me what will i do??? He comes closer and closer he pulls me up from my chair so im stood up he presses my body to his forheads touching so the only gap is our lips and then that is closed too..............