Chapter 15

Kasey broke the kiss and suddenly felt a little light headed, thankfully Braedon had a hold of her and she was grateful.  “Thank you Braedon, this place was the first real home I ever hand and these people are not just friends and neighbours… they’re more like family.  We’ve all kind of looked out for each other… you know what I mean?”

“Yes kitten I know what you mean, family is not always blood,” he replied and looked at them men with them.  Each of them had proven their worth to Braedon over the years, each were Pack and so considered family.  He tried to usher Kasey to the car wanting to get her back to the hotel, back where he could watch over her, but she took hold of his forearm stopping him.

She reached up and this time kissed his cheek, “Thank you Braedon, you’ve got no idea what this means to me… to my friends.”

“Does this mean you will now agree to marry me?” he asked with a confident smile on his face.

She narrowed her eyes at him, “If I say no will you take the building back?”  She waited watching him carefully, wanting to see if he was considering his options.

Without any hesitation at all, “The building is yours kitten no matter your answer.” Then he kissed her again, but this time it was soft and gentle, a kiss that made her think of cool summer nights with something or was that someone hot and spicy wrapped around her. 

“Whoa!”  She thought to herself, “Where the hell did that come from?”

She wanted to think about that thought, wanted to consider the implications and more than that, wanted to know if Braedon knew… if he’d read that thought.  But they were swept into the building by her friends and soon found themselves seated around a kitchen table sipping tea and eating tea cake.

Jax begged off saying he had to get back to the station, but gave Kasey a hug before he left.  It was just over an hour before all five of them emerged from the building, Braedon with his arm around Kasey and Jacob, Nate and Daniel walking around them in a semi-circle always seeing to their protection.

As they got closer to the car Kasey began to walk slower, Braedon slowed down too and when she came to a stop he looked down at her and arched a brow as if to say ‘talk to me’.  “Are you angry with me… for what I did to you?”

Kasey looked up into his eyes concern in her voice, “Are you okay Braedon?” she saw the confusion on his face and looked from his face to his groin and back again blushing profusely.

He smiled internally but gave her a stern look, “I have mended kitten, but if you ever try that again, I will punish you.  Understood?”

“Umm… don’t worry I won’t try it again, you’d pick up on what I was gonna do now anyway and stop me before I made contact.  I’m thinking maybe I should invest in a pair of steel capped boots.”

Braedon burst out laughing at his little mate, “Oh my,” he began, “life will most assuredly be in interesting now that I have you with me.”

Kasey raised an eyebrow at him, “What makes you think you have me?” then she got in the car and sat quietly waiting for Braedon to get in next to her.

Braedon shook his head and got in the car next to her smiling to himself.  She was his, she might want to fight it right now, but he knew she felt the pull… the link they now shared.  He slid Kasey closer and did up her seat belt before doing up his own and putting his arm around her to hold her to him.  She looked up at him as if to say ‘what the hell’ but he kissed the top of her head and indicated that Daniel should take off.

Trace was waiting for them in the living room when they arrived, Kasey could see something was wrong.  Without thinking she ran to him and wrapped her good arm around him.  Braedon could feel himself stiffen at the way his mate was being so familiar with him.  He didn’t like it, but he couldn’t stop her either.