Chapter 29

Chapter 29

In no time at all Kasey was back in her room, in bed waiting for Jaz to give her the once over and make sure she’d come through the change whole. She felt like she had, but knew Jaz would insist on checking her out anyway, so she snuggled down under the covers and relaxed while she waited for her.

It didn’t take long before Jaz came through the door with Braedon beside her. Jaz rushed to her bedside and gave her a hug before asking her a multitude of questions then thankfully telling Braedon to leave the room so she could do a physical.

Everything seemed to check out okay, putting a relieved smile on both their faces. They chatted and Jaz threw more questions at her until there was a knock on the door and Kasey looked at Jaz pleadingly, “Jaz not tonight please, I just want tonight and then I’ll…”

Kasey sighed realising that she had no choice but to meet with everyone. They were worried about her and needed to see that she was alright. She nodded at Jaz got out of bed, grabbed her dressing gown and slid her feet into her slippers.

“Take your time Kasey, I’ll tell everyone you’ll come out to them.”

Kasey looked in the mirror trying to see if she could find any evidence of change. She couldn’t, but knew that the physical side would manifest soon and she knew that Braedon would be with her when that happened. 

A soft smile crept at the corner of her mouth; she couldn’t wait till she could run as a Wolf. She wanted to feel the wind rushing through her fur as she ran, she wanted to be able to sense her mate as he ran alongside her watching over her, chasing her and teaching her to hunt.

Okay she balked a little at the last, she wasn’t exactly up for hunting yet although she figured the need… the urge would come in time. She took a deep breath and went down to the living room. Standing in the doorway for a moment she tried to get her head in the right space, she looked at each person in the room knowing how concerned they were.

Jaz came up behind her placing a hand on her arm in support. Kasey moved forward and everyone stood to greet her. She noted that Nicolas, Daniel, Nate and Eli were there along with Trace, Ewan, Caton, Kellen and Callum. But Aldrid was nowhere in sight?  

Braedon was there too and came over taking her hand and leading her to the couch. She felt nervous for some reason, sensed that there was news she wasn’t going to want to hear. She leaned into Braedon as they sat on the couch and waited.

Trace came to her first kneeling in front of her; he looked at Braedon and waited for permission before pulling her into his arms. “How do you feel little one, we were all so worried about you?”

She couldn’t find her voice so snuggled into him and held him as best she could. He pulled back moments later and smiled at her, “I’m sure this is all a little overwhelming, we have been told that you are whole Kasey, we just needed to see for ourselves.”

Each of her brothers including Nicolas knelt before her and either held her hand or hugged her, needing as Trace had said to make sure she was alright. She went with it holding them as well. They all needed the physical contact no matter how small.