Chapter 31

Chapter 31

It was another hour before everyone finally left for the night, there was no more they could do for now. Taren and his sons went off to try out their theory regarding whether or not they could sense each other approaching.

Taren looked meaningfully at Braedon before he left. He was Kasey’s father and given what he’d learnt about the man, Taren had a right to be concerned about his only daughter on her wedding night.

Braedon gave him a solemn nod letting him know he would take the utmost care with his mate. This was what Taren needed, he already knew Braedon was a good man and that he loved Kasarina, but he needed confirmation that her mate would take care with her this night.

When they left, he turned to Jacob and Nicolas, “I wish for one night of peace with no interruptions. I wish to relax and not concern myself with what might be out there or who might be coming.”

He looked over at his mate now dosing on the couch in the living room and sighed. He had waited so long for this night and now that it was here all he wanted was to hold his mate and to fall asleep with her in his arms… in his bed.

Nicolas gripped Braedon’s arm as men often do to show support, “The house is yours tonight brother, in fact I think it best if Jacob and I make ourselves scarce for a few nights. Go, be with your mate, we will watch over the house and I daresay Trace… well his cat form will be ever close.”

Braedon looked at his brother and his best friend, truth be told both these men were brothers to him. “I most assuredly hope that when you both mate it will be with far less worry!”

Jacob laughed; he had finally admitted to himself that he’d already found his mate, so for him waiting was all he could do. He would not have to deal with many of the difficulties others do when finding their mate because those who needed to know already did. He hoped to god when his time came it would be a smooth process.

Nicholas huffed and shook his head, “There is no chance of me finding a mate Brae I’m too mean and too stubborn. Besides, the fates would never be cruel enough to bind me to some poor woman.” 

Braedon laughed with them, these men, his brothers, their turn would come he knew it in his heart or maybe something of Kasey’s ‘forward seeing’ was rubbing off on him. Whatever the case he had a sense that Nicolas’ life as a single Were would be short lived.

As he saw them out the front door he heard a soft growl, it was Trace letting them know he was there. It gave Braedon a sense of calm to know he was out there and with a smile on his face he closed the door and turned to go to his dosing mate, but she was no longer there.

                                                          ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Kasey had dosed in and out of sleep, she knew what the men were discussing was important but she was tired of worry, tired of being a target and it irked that she would be one for some time. She heard her father and brother’s leave then Nicolas and Jacob were speaking their final words with Braedon before they left, it was then that she came to full wakefulness.

Tonight was her wedding night and although it would now be memorable for very specific reasons (she rolled her eyes), she wanted it to be perfect! “Okay, okay, I know it’s not gonna be completely perfect, but at least this part… this final part should be.”

With this in mind she quietly went to her bedroom to quickly shower and change. She was excited but nervous…, extremely so. She shook her head trying to dislodge the nervousness, this was what she wanted, what they had both waited for, so why the hell was she so nervous all of a sudden?