Chapter 22

Kasey lifted her head and looked at Braedon, she loved him that was a given and she wanted to be with him in every way possible.  She wanted to be his mate… completely.  She kissed him ever so softly on the lips and when he smiled she kissed him again a little firmer.  She brought both hands up to his face and held him as she kissed him with more passion. 

It took but a moment for Braedon to join her, their tongues dancing their pulses racing and Kasey could feel the flush in her cheeks and the need grow within.  They broke the kiss and she moved around on his lap so she straddled him sitting on his lap with one leg either side of his.  She smiled softly and he could see the mischief in her eyes, but remained still letting her play her game.

Kasey kissed him again, this time on his forehead, then his eyes and nose, then she moved to his cheeks and his chin leaving his lips for last.  She kissed first one side of his lips then the other, she moved as if to kiss his lips but pulled back at the last second, but Braedon pulled her back and kissed her just as passionately as she’d kissed him.

Kasey wiggled on his lap trying to get comfortable and stopped for a moment when she felt… well when she realised that Braedon was fully aroused.  She could feel herself blush but ignored it, she wanted this… she wanted him, but as she tried to deepen the kiss even more he broke it.  She found herself gasping for breath but wanting more, so much more.

She looked at him hurt in her eyes, but he held her back, “You’re not ready kitten, I feel you’re apprehension.  You wish to please me, to keep me calm allowing me to leave you tomorrow.  I understand this, but when I mark you, when I claim you it will be because we both want this and when I know in my heart that you are ready.”

Tears sprang into her eyes, she wanted him had thought she was ready for this next step and now she felt foolish, like she was leading him on, like she was being a tease and that was something she’d always hated.

She lowered her head, turned it away from him and leaned forward to rest her head on his shoulder, not for comfort but because she wasn’t sure she could face him.  Braedon sensed her emotions and held her to him as he stood bringing them both to their feet.

“Come kitten, it is late  and you need your rest,” then he led her to her bedroom door and kissed her on the top of her head, “rest well Kasey, I need to go for a run.  Jacob is here and I won’t be far if you need me.” Then he turned and walked away from her.

Kasey felt the loss of him as soon as he left her side, she felt empty and so alone.  She wanted to run after him, but knew he would not be running as a man, he’d shift as soon as he could.  He needed to run, to expend the need that had built within him, if he’d stayed he might have hurt his little mate and although she had Fey blood she was still human and could be easily injured.

As Braedon stepped off the porch he threw himself into the air as if diving into a pool of water.  As he moved his body shifted in and out of focus making it almost impossible to see exactly how the change took place.  When he landed he landed on four paws and ran towards the bush disappearing amongst trees and bushes, leaving the shredded remains of his clothing scattered behind him.

Braedon ran the boundary of the Compound surprising the men on patrol; they nodded in acknowledgement as he ran by and went on with what they were doing.  Mid way Braedon got a message from the Elders asking him to visit them the next day just as Kasey has said they would.

By the time he got back to the house Braedon was exhausted.  He stopped by Kasey’s room and heard her breathing softly, she was asleep and he sighed in relief as he headed for his own room and a shower before he too sought sleep.

                                                   ~~~~~~~~~~~~~