prolouge

[edited]

(y/n)'s pov:

it's been 7 years since the incident
my parents went missing now, and now my boyfriend broke up with me.
i have been living with my aunt for awhile.

but i just can't live with aunt rosie forever i was thinking about running away from her.
i was just packing up my things my aunt was out so she'd be out for the whole night i packed up all my outfits as i was packing my things into my suitcase a picture of my parents fell out.

~Flash back~

"(y/n)!" my mom rushes into my room i was laying on my bed  listening to whatever was playing through my headphones.
her barging in like that made me jump. "mom, mom what's wrong??" Getting up from my bed.
"(y/n)! Get in the closet, you have to hide!"
"Why whats going on??"
"there is someone in the house!" she pushes me towards the closet. "where's dad?!" she closes the door from the closet totally ignoring my question "mom..." I whisper in a shaky breath, tears flowing down my cheeks. about 2 hours later the police came one of the police officers opened the closet "we found someone!" he held out his hand for me to grab. I took it..."what's your name dear?"
"my n-name is (y/n)."
"How old are you?"
"11"
before the officer could ask anymore questions. "where are my parents."
"they're gone"
"There dead!?"
"Mm, no they went missing..."
"m-missing?"
"they might of ran off with kidnapper or ran off to escape.." He nods like everything is okay. the thought of my parents running off without their own child makes me burst out into tears. the police officer takes my hand downstairs I look around the house seeing broken vases, the tv is on the ground there is a trail of blood on the beige carpet. "do you have anyone to live with?" of course, in my right mind I didn't really have anyone, I had an aunt but she wasn't--
"yes." i mutter.
"who may that be?"
"my aunt....rosie"
"do you know her phone number?"
"***-***-****"
the police officer walks off they're are way too many people I say walking out the house sitting on the curb. i saw a boy about my age. he looked at me and then walked over "hey...what's wrong? why are there police people at your house?" he then sits beside me. "i c-can't find my parents." he wraps his arm around me. "you're parents left you?"he asks. "i-i don't know, there was a attacker in the house and my parents ran away..." tears start to flow. "what!?" he shouts. "what deadbeat parents!" he furrows his eyebrows, i gave him a glare. "oh, sorry..." it was then silence "hey, what's your name?" he smiles at me.
"(y/n)."
"cute, my name is hansol but i liked to be called vernon!" he slaps my back. "hey, cheer up babe!"
"d-don't call me that!" i push his chest.
"(y/n) you'll be living with you're aunt from now on, please pack you stuffs!" the police officer called out.
"sorry, Vernon i gots to go.." i frown.
"oh, wait--" he starts to dig in his pocket. he then pulled out a heart chain necklace. "here."
"why do you have a girl necklace?"
"i was gonna give it to my girlfriend..."
"a girlfriend at 11!?"
"hey, i'm 12!" i roll my eyes.
i look at my wrist, to my rainbow loom bracelet. i take it off my wrist "hey, have this." i hand him the rubber bracelet. "hey, thanks (y/n)." he puts it on his wrist. we both admire the gifts we exchange. "hey, you should get going." he points to the cop. i nod, he pats my shoulder "don't forget me __." he waved off happily walking down the street. i smiled to myself and headed towards the police officer.
"ready?"
"i guess."