The Drive

Ella's Pov:

It's been two hours. Two bloody hours. With Stefan. With barely any noise. With piercing red eyes on my every move. I could already see them turning back to their usual hazelish color, just slightly, but it barely made a difference. It was still creepy. And he hadn't even made a move since I started driving, he just sat there, watching me like a hawk.

We were about two miles off from Mystic Falls when I finally cracked. I just couldn't take it any move, and I should've been able to. But I couldn't. So, I stopped on the side of the road, and turned to look at him. He finally moved, only to sit up straighter and make his gaze harder.

"Okay, what's up with you Mr. I'll call you Elena then compel you to take me with you somewhere?" I spat, my anger boiling. I could feel my fangs contracting and the veins under my eyes popping slightly. He really was pissing me off and I couldn't kick him out.

Damn compulsion.

"Where are you driving?" He countered back and crossed his arms over his chest. Stefan wasn't losing control, probably because the blood, but I was.

With a roll of my eyes and a low growl at Stefan, I turned back in my seat, turned the radio on full blast, I started driving again. "Oh, so you don't want to tell me, El?" I'm surprised I could hear him over the music.

Another low growl left my lips but I tried to keep myself focused on the road. "El, c'mon, I wanna know where we're going!" From the corner of my eyes I saw him pout his lips. I rolled my eyes and continued driving.

"Where are we going?!" He sounded like that bitch Dora the Explorer especially after he clapped three times.

"Shut up!" I hissed menacingly. I fought the urge to reach over and snap his neck as I continued to focus on the road. Stefan continued to shout and clap and I was slowly tightening my grip on the steering wheel each time he did.

"Going to see Silas now shut up!" I spat and let out a deep breath. Thank God the clapping then ceased.

I heard a low hiss and looked at Stefan, after pulling up to a red light. "Why?" He asked lowly, looking into my eyes. His, thankfully, were no longer a deep red.

With a shrug, I turned back in my seat. The light grew green and I looked at the road, hitting the gas peddle with my foot, moving the car again. I turned a sharp corner and glanced at Stefan. His arms were crossed again and he was looking out the window.

I sighed, "Business, that's all," I shrugged again.

But I was lying, it's far more than that. I just can't tell him that.