~6~

"Mum, Meera and I are going in a little trip." Om said as he kissed Jhanvi's cheek.

"Why so suddenly when Anika and Shivaay need you the most?" Jhanvi asked.

"It's for the best." Om said and didn't give further explanation. They went to the orphanage and signed the papers for Nilma's adoption.

"Here M. and Mrs Choudhary, you can leave with the baby now. I will call you later if there are issues." Amrita said and Om stared at Meera. His wife, despite Anika, Meera was the only one crazy enough to make their lawyer join her twisted plan.

"You know that it's still illegal right?" Om whispered in her ear.

"Shut up darling or we'll get caught." Meera said through gritted teeth.Om rolled his eyes and once again followed his wife and her nasty plan.

"She's so cute!" Meera said as she picked Anshi. Pooja was also here for the adoption of her baby girl.

"Nilma is one of the cutest.. She got abandoned here when she was barely a week old and since then, she became my favourite.. take care of her.. She deserves love from a mother.. and a father.. She can pass by whenever she wants to. Pooja said and Meera nodded.

"Don't worry madamji, I love her already as my daughter." Meera said while she hugged Nilma.

"No we'll go." Om said and led Meera outside.

Back in the orphanage.

"Yes M.Khuranna, she got adopted. She just left with her new parents and I just sent you the adoption file." Amrita said and Daksh smiled.

"Thank you Amrita. I will send you the money soon." Daksh said and cut the call. He sent the adoption file to Shivaay.

Oberoi mansion.

"I was so close, god dammit!" Shivaay said as he threw his phone and he broke it in million pieces.

"Shivaay...Here,I've signed them already." Anika said as she gave him the divorce papers. She had a bag behind her and Sahil was waiting in the main hall.

"Anika, I've told you already that I won't let you divorce me.." Shivaay said.

"Don't be stubborn Shivaay.. everything is over.. Anshi is gone, Priya is gone..We can go on like this, I will die Shivaay.. I'm not strong..."Anika cried.

"Is your love gone too? Tell me, don't you love me any more?" Shivaay asked.

"It's not like this and you know it but I can't take it any more Shivaay..I'm done.." Anika cried and left from there.

"Anika! You can't leave me Anika! Anika!!" Shivaay said as he followed her to the door.

"Billu!/Shivaay!"Both Dadi and Pinky shouted and stopped him.

"Let her go." Dadi spoke.

"Let her go for a while." Pinky said.

"You're a father, but Anika is a mother.. She carried Anshi for nine months and her baby got snatched away from her. She screamed it, she shouted it but no one listened. She had to take care of a baby she learnt to love.. you're hurt but, she's broken..there is nothing more painful than losing your child and Anika lived it twice! The love she has for Anshi is stronger than the love you will have for Anshi because this love was created when Anshi was in her womb. This love was created when Anika was feeling her move, grow..Then came the love she has for Priya which is pure because even though she knew that Priya wasn't her baby, she managed to love her as if Priya was also her baby.. she breastfed her, she woke up during nights for her, she had fought death with her when Priya had fallen from this stairs two months ago. You loved Priya but you didn't know that Anshi was somewhere. During all this time, she had to suffer because she knew that her baby wasn't by her side. It's been a long time that Anika can't take the pain any more. When Anshi got abducted, it seemed like life stopped for her. At that moment Anika became a shadow of herself. And I'm feeling guilty that I didn't hear my bahu's screams.. she said but I was deaf.. I saw but I was blind.. now my family is broken.." Pinky said.

"You don't get it mum.. I.. I ...." Shivaay held his heart and began walking like he was about to fall.

"I..I..I..need..Anika.."Shivaay said and fell on the floor.

"Shivaay!"