Chapter Twelve

Dad was still unconscious when the police arrived. I sat on the couch with my hands on my thighs, staring at him, letting the events of the last twenty minutes sink in. I had fought back to my dad. Mom was in critical condition. And I was in big trouble. If my dad somehow turned all this against me or mom, I'd be a criminal. I'd become the people I was learning to fight against.

Was I a criminal? Normal teenage girls don't attack their father.

"Then again, normal fathers don't attack their teenage daughters," I hissed through my teeth.

There was a knocking at the door, then a call from a man who said, "This is the police."

I ran to the door and greeted the three police officers outside. There were two women and one man. I told them everything that happened, excluding the baterang part, while they put handcuffs on my dad. More police began entering the house, taking pictures and writing notes.

"Why don't we take you to the hospital to see your mom," one of the police woman said to me. I nodded, and followed her out to the car. "I'm Olivia," she said when we started driving.

"I'm Lily." I stared out the window in a daze.

"I'm sorry for what you had to go through tonight," she continued. "We are going to do everything we can to make sure that man doesn't hurt your family ever again."

I nodded, not totally grasping what she was saying.

We rode the rest of the way in silence. I didn't want to think about my father, I just wanted to see my mom. When we arrived at the hospital, Olivia walked me in and talked to the nurse at the front desk. I sat down far away from everyone and pulled out my phone. I realized I had a ton of texts from one of my neighbors, Josh. He was in my grade, and a close friend of mine.

"I saw the ambulance are you ok??!!?"

"??!!!??!!?!?!??"

"Now there's police cars! Are you ok lily!!???"

Those were just a few of the texts he sent me. I responded with a vague answer:

"Just family issues I'm fine"

He responded back almost immediately, "i'll come see you which hospital are you at???"

Good lord.

"Really i'm fine"

"Lily." I snapped my head up to see Olivia standing over me. "The doctors said she's still in surgery and won't be available to see until tomorrow. Do you have anyone to stay with?"

I thought about Julia, but I didn't want her to know about all this. I didn't anyone to know about this. I looked down at my phone and decided.

"Yes." I stood up. "I do have someone." 

A/N: Hey guys its been awhile. I have been so busy and had no time to write, but I've written this short chapter to get back in the habit. Also I know its been awhile, but only two people have entered in the contest to make your own villain, so if you have an idea, you should tell me! You have a good chance of winning!