Prologue

"Addy"

I closed the French window panel behind me, stepping out in the brisk London air, "Victoria?"

I heard shuffling on the other end, "Adelaide, we've been successful in booking a special speech"

I coughed in my fist, slightly shivering, overlooking the beautiful city, "I thought we were going with Uncle David"

"Yes, yes, but you wouldn't believe who has stepped up to it, Addy" Victoria was positively beaming, I could hear it in her voice.

I frowned, just imagining Uncle David's face when I'll have to tell him this news, "Well, out with it then, Vic"

"Adelaide, Prince Harry wants to give a speech, believe it or not" She said.

I paused, "What? Why would Prince Harry want to give a speech at We Day?" I asked her, confused.

She giggled on the other end, which was very unlike her. "Well, something about his concern about children and teenager's mental heath. Kensington Palace called our office, like an hour ago, they want to target the teenage and early 20s audience first"

I let out a breath of air, well, if the bloody royals want to get involved in this, I can't very well say no to that, now can I?

"How are we getting forward with this though? I get that he's a prince and all, but if he thinks that he'll be getting the speech slot this easy, he's certainly wrong, Victoria" I said, determined.

I could hear her sigh, almost as if she was expecting the exact same response from me, "Addy, you want me to contact his office to, what, fix a bloody meeting about this?"

"Of course, yes that is exactly what I want you to do. This is my baby, Vic. You know how I feel about anything and everything related to We Day" I said.

"You're bloody impossible, you know that, right? And why aren't you asleep yet, you have the radio interview early tomorrow morning. Good lord Adelaide, do you ever listen to me or Jordon?" She scolded me.

That's the thing about Victoria Gillies, she will rain on my parade at any time she gets. She is my manager; but she certainly doesn't think so. But, well, I love her anyway.

"Alright mum, I had Arthur and Amelia over, that's why I'm still up. They just left after dinner" I informed her, finally getting tired of the cold outside and sliding open the balcony door, to step inside my living room.

"I need this file tomorrow, Mia! I did see pictures of them in the city today. Goodness, your siblings need their own PR team, Addy!" She asked.

I shook my head, smiling at the thought of my brother and sister, "They will both kill me if I so much as initiate a conversation about them having a PR team"

Victoria laughed, "Oh darling, I couldn't have agreed with you more. But everything else aside, I just received the news that we've hit 35 on Instagram right this very moment" I could hear somebody shouting happily in the background.

My eyes widened, "Woah, what? This thing just keeps shocking me, Vic. Thirty five million, this is borderline crazy. 2012 is going to be the social media year"

"Yeah, well. Believe it. Post something too, by the way. And after the radio interview tomorrow, you've got the meeting with Keith, remember? About the new single?"

"Yes, yes, I remember, don't worry. Vic, I think I should be heading to bed now, I'm crushed" I said, falling backwards on my back and closing my eyes shut.

"Very well, you possibly couldn't have done anything major today to crush you but; I'm not going to be commenting on it, don't worry" She said. I could practically hear her roll her eyes at me.

I narrowed my eyes, "You did comment on it"

"Yes, whatever. Go to sleep, Jordon will be there early morning"

I sighed, "Uh, okay. Goodnight"

"Goodnight, darling"

Just as I was going to end the call, "Oh and yes, don't forget to fix that meeting with Prince Harry by the way"

"Goddammit"