Chapter Four

"Once In A Blue Moon"

Something that occurs rarely.

"There you are! Your father and I thought you think you're too good for us" said Augusta Edwards, as soon as she opened her main door.

Augusta Lily Edwards was certainly not someone you even try to cross when she's trying to be sassy because if she's annoyed with someone; she's thoroughly annoyed.

"Yes, it wasn't as if the entire family wasn't there at my last show, seriously mother?" Addy couldn't help but roll her eyes, getting her coat off, as the warmth and the familiar smell of home surrounded her, letting her breathe a little easier. She hugged her mother tightly, before her arm was swatted at.

She started walking into the house, ahead of the foyer as her mother greeted Kyle and Max, and tried to talk them into coming inside, to which they refused. "Love, you might be this big superstar now but you still don't get to chastise me" Augusta said, following her daughter in, fondly shaking her head at the old joke.

As they reached the sitting room, they saw Arthur and Robert there, both of whom looked like they were in a deep conversation about something dark. The father-son duo were shaking their heads, and pretending so hard that Addy immediately knew what this was about.

Narrowing her eyes at them, she plopped down next to her father, who pretended to not notice her and continued his talk. She poked his leg, willing for him to face her like the man he claims he is. Shaking her head, she said "Alright, I get it, you absolute sore losers"

They turned towards her with sheepish smiles on their faces. First, she kissed both their cheeks before she started to laugh at their current situation.

When her family attended her last show in Melbourne for her tour, her father, Robert and her brother, Arthur struck a bet with her, claiming she wouldn't see them for a week when she returned home, even when she told them that she was directly coming to London.

Adelaide was known amongst her family for many things, but certainly the two main ones were how much her music meant to her, and, how she could be anywhere in the world at any given time. That was her nature; far before she had the massive privilege of traveling all over the world like she does now. Her detouring nature rattled her family sometimes; as they claimed they don't see her often, but both parties know just how much of a lie that was.

When Addy was new to the industry; the nervous, inexperienced teenager, who stepped into the spotlight far too early, she had realized just how much she had to learn, and just how much she had to adapt to, in order to become a part of the substantial industry, and not to mention, Hollywood.

And so her seventeen year old self was impressed with herself when she found out that there wasn't much to be done on her part, or from her side in that matter because of the success she was tasting. It worked like a magnet, a charm of sorts, that did the work for her; made her VIP at the best parties in town, made her never have a moment alone.

And at that time, this seemed to be the life to her. What's not good about being treated like royalty, when you aren't royalty?

So the rabbit hole that is Hollywood, did seem to pull her down. The endless rabbit hole that pulled almost everyone down. The few lucky ones that realized what they got themselves in were the fortunate ones that came out of it, before they could go any further.

She knew she was one of those lucky people who escaped it before she could lose her in it, before she could lose sight of who she was and what she really wanted out of her profession.