Chapter 15: Love

"You ready?" Liz asked, turning to Derek as they laid side by side on the bed.

"If you are." He extended his hand, which she immediately grasped onto.

"Close your eyes," Liz whispered, closing hers too.

She waited for a few seconds before opening her eyes. When she woke, she was sitting on a chair in the Insane Asylum, with Derek next to her. She quickly rose and scanned the room. It looked like it did when she met Kale. "Liz, why are we here?"

"I don't know. I think I need to talk to someone. I think there's something I didn't learn last time." Liz walked down the hallway, Derek on her heels. She found Kale's room fairly quickly and slowly walked inside. "Kale?"

He turned from his chair and looked at her. "Hello, Elizabeth."

"You remember me?"

"Of course I do."

"Kale, my dreams brought me here. I found myself a strong connection and it brought me here."

"Why would it bring you to me?"

"I don't know. I'm in search of my dad."

"Uh, Liz," she heard Derek say. Liz turned to see her dad pointing a gun at the back of Derek's head.

"I knew you'd show up eventually. Get away from him, now," he said, referencing Kale.

"Who is he? Why is he important to you, dad?" Liz asked, hiding the fact that she knew his name already.

"Liz, he's my father. Your grandpa." Liz felt her heart drop.

"No, no. Grandpa Gray is my grandpa."

"I only told you that so you wouldn't know," he said, still keeping the gun pointed at Derek.

"Know what?"

"It's hereditary, Elizabeth! Where else would I had gotten it from?! Your grandpa got it from his dad and his dad got from his dad and so on. It's mainly found in men but seeing as you were the only child, you got it as a girl, go figure."

"I still don't know what this means. Dad, just come with me. Talk to them. They aren't going to hurt you."

"I'm not going to take that risk, Elizabeth." In an instant, he moved the gun and pulled the trigger, shooting a bullet right through Derek's abdomen. He took off in a mad dash but she didn't care about him, only Derek.

"Derek!!!" Liz ran over to him as he collapsed to the floor. "Derek, it's gonna be okay. Hold on, Derek." She grabbed his hand and closed his eyes shut then closed hers, envisioning they were back at the loft.

Multiple seconds later, Liz opened her eyes and they were back. "Derek!" she screamed as everyone gathered around.

"What happened?!" Aiden shouted.

"My dad shot him. I think the bullet was made of some something toxic or something because he's not healing!" Liz was panicking more than she ever had before.

"Scott, call Deaton. Get him down here now," Aiden called out.

Scott ran out of the building in a mad dash, his phone already pressed to his ear. Deucalion and Kali pushed Liz aside. Deucalion covered Derek's face with a cloth before standing up and beginning to leave. Liz flung it away, screaming at the pair, "ARENT YOU GONNA HELP ME?!"

"There's nothing to be done. He's dying. We can't help you," Deucalion said before leaving with Kali.

Aiden pulled her into his chest and she instantly pushed away. She focused her attention back on Derek. She had just recently lost her mom and now, she was losing the person she loved.

-------

Liz sat on the floor beside the bed where Derek was laying. Aiden was across the room talking to Deaton. She focused her hearing, which considering she had the hearing of a Pilae and Beta wolf, was nearly perfect.

"Talk to her, Aiden. She needs you."

"She needs Derek," Aiden said.

"I'm not sure what more I can do for him. He'll be okay, but it'll take some time. Go. Comfort her. She has no one."

Liz sat with her knees against her chest, holding onto Derek's hand. "Please. Please don't die."

Aiden took a seat beside her on the ground. "He'll be okay."

"Will he though? How do you know? How does anyone know?"

"We just do, Liz."

"I can't lose him, Aiden. I love him." Liz knew that as soon as she said this, it was over with Aiden. Any connection they had was gone.

"I know. Look, it's gonna be a while before he wakes up. Do you want me to get you anything?"

"Just grab my bag from my room. It has a bunch of stuff I can do if I want."

Aiden stood from sitting, "sure, I'll be back soon," he said, kissing her forehead one last time before leaving.

-----------

It had been four days since Derek was shot and Liz hadn't left his side once. She occupied herself with reading and writing down everything she knew about the supernatural and about what it meant to be a Visionary.

"Liz?" She heard a soft voice say from across the room. She jolted up, tossing a book to the side, and running over to Derek.

"Hey, hey I'm here."

He smiled. "Hey."

"Hey, sleepy head. How are you feeling?"

"Good. How long was I out?" he asked, still a bit groggy.

"A few days. Deaton said he gave you some medicine that had a few side effects. One of them was sleeping."

"Course," he laughed, sitting up. "Where's uh, where's Aiden?"

"He's gone. He left two days ago."

"Why?"

"Derek, can we just not talk about it? I don't care where Aiden is. I only care that you're okay."

"But are YOU okay?"

Liz smiled, cupping her hands on his cheek. "I'm happy." And she was. "Derek?"

"Yeah?"

"I love you." He looked at her with big eyes.

"What?"

"I said, I love you. I love you more than anything. You're sometimes overprotective and maybe even a tad bit annoying, but I've never loved anyone more."

"Come here," he whispered, smiling. She inched closer before kissing his lips softly. She lifted the covers and laid down beside him. The two pulled each other close as they laid beside one another. "Liz?" Derek whispered.

"Yeah?"

"I love you more." She closed her eyes and slowly drifted off to sleep... happily.