Ch.35 His Blunder

His Blunder

I walk into my apartment and I'm confronted with two seperate shocks.

The first thing I see is Mr. Fox throwing up on the carpet.

"Oh, no, poor baby!" the next thing I see and hear, is my mother dressed in holiday gear, sitting on my couch. A hand is over her mouth as she gasps in shock at the vile vomit being puked all over the carpet. My dad is here too. Why? No idea.

Also, I forgot I asked Rhea to come feed Mr. Fox and when I glance at the bowl, it's his favourite wet chicken food; but there is too much. I instantly know he over-ate. Mr. Fox had been a glut and stuffed his silly kitten face.

As soon as he is done puking he sees me, meows happily and comes prancing for my legs.

"Welcome home, Wren," my dad is sitting next to my mother, grinning from ear to ear.

"How did you get in?" I ask, curiously but with a smile. However, I realise quickly they must have come knocking when Rhea was here.

"We were let in by your friend and were told you were staying over at your boyfriend's house," My mum wiggles her eyebrows and I grin nervously and reach down to pick up Mr. Fox, cuddling him to my chest as he meows.

After throwing up he probably wanted more fresh wet chicken food, like, right now.

A happy bulimic kitten... if you gave him the chance.

"Boyfriend, well... ?" I begin to make a joke that he isn't, but that would sound bad if I had been trying to sleep over with another man and, damn it... "Well, maybe... yes... no... yes."

"What's his name?" My mum asks and I plop Mr. Fox on the counter top. Instantly he digs his claws into my shoulder to stop me walking forward any further.

I turn to him to give him more pats and he half blinks his love at me.

My heart beams with happiness at his super relaxed face and glowing golden cat eyes.

"Theo... my boss," I admit, shrugging and laughing nervously, "So, I thought you were both traveling around the coast of Australia?"

"We still are," my mum exclaims, beaming with joy.

"We decided to surprise you," my dad answers.

"That's fantastic," I continue to pat Mr. Fox and as I do, I decide I need to put my phone on the charger ASAP. I try to walk off but Mr. Fox meows unhappily as I leave him.

"That little cat must be so lonely," my dad winks at my mum and they both smile with a knowing look.

"What?" I pause in my stride to my bedroom; the door is closed.

"Take a peep at your surprise, sweetheart," my mum nods to my bedroom and I already know what it is.

I'm grinning but also a little worried as I take the last few steps and open the door a crack.

As my eyes scan my dark bedroom, I see a big fat tabby cat curled up on my pillow.

It's sleeping and I slowly close the door with my grin plastered in place.

"I love him, a him right?" I whisper to them, "What's his name?"

"Henry," my mum answers.

"From now on he is... Puddy... Caita, yes, that's it. Puddy Caita!" I choose a different name. I never liked proper names for cats. They deserved outstanding, spectacular names, "It's good you kept him separate, I'll introduce them slowly. How old is he?"