MASTERING WREN 2, EP3

Twenty Questions with Dominus

Wren's Point of View

"Tell me who you are, Wren," Theo murmurs as he kicks his Vanquish into third gear while I sit back in the passenger seat and fiddle with my hands anxiously. I look out the window as we pass by mansions upon endless mansions in Toorak, heading to Cynthia's home – to dump the body of her hired hit-man at her doorstep.

"Okay," I accept the challenge, even though I am not sure why he'd ask me such a strange question, "My name is Wren, I am soon to be married to you, Theo Vasiliou. I have two cats whom I love very much. I work as your assistant to run the charity. We have many sponsors. My fiance certainly isn't related to blood money, neither are you an ex-assassin. I am 100% not being held against my will in your mansion and although you would like me to submit to your cock – at least you cook and clean more than I do. I'm basically a lazy submissive who has a very attentive Dominant. You make me feel beautiful. You treat me like I deserve a fairy-tail romance... or you have since last night. It doesn't count when you thought I stole 50,000 dollars from you last week. I'd say it's safe to assume I am engaged to someone who has trust issues."

"That was more than your usual mouthful," Theo frowns, looking grim as he takes side streets and drives too fast with the body in the back, hidden under a blanket, "...so, you think I have trust issues."

"I think you asked me a stupid question so I answered with a long, boring response that might irk some emotion... I provoked you because... well... Theo... you're not exactly who I thought you were and I'm just... I don't know. Testing you, I guess, since you're testing me," I nod to myself. Yep, that's exactly what I was doing, "I agreed to marry you... but that was before I knew your past... so now I have a few questions. I'm sure you won't mind me asking as you seem to be testing my loyalty by listening to what I have to say."

"To be honest with you, sweet cheeks, I have to test you –" Theo starts to explain but I cut him off.

"I know!" I snap, almost yelling it, "Just – I'm starting to wonder if you'll ever trust me! And it really bothers me that you're so skeptical about what I'll do."

"Have you thought about calling the police?" he asks me, his tone neutral but his eyes blazing with menace as he turns to me slowly and raises a brow, "The truth, sweety..."

"You know I overthink everything..." I whisper back in a hiss, "Of course I have – but only for a moment and I never once meant it within my thoughts or my heart."

"Ask me your questions, sweet cheeks," he relaxes back into his chair and abruptly turns a corner, "Actually. Wait a minute, doll."

"Uh –" I end up squeaking in fright as he turns the wheel and skids into a curved driveway. He speeds to the front – there are no cars about. He simply parks, jumps out and drags the body to the front door. He picks a rose from a bush nearby. He snaps off the stem and tucks it behind the assassin's ear.

All the while I watch, unblinking as I think about how messed up that one gesture was. Theo swiftly jumps back into the car and puts his seat belt on as he kicks on the accelerator at the same time.

I look over my shoulder, glancing over Cynthia's mansion.

Old and run down with a messy garden full of overgrown grass and weeds. Not so impressive after all.

I have fallen silent as Theo pulls out and heads back towards his mansion. He takes the main roads now. When he pulls up at a red light in traffic, he turns to me, dramatically catching my nervous eyes.

Sometimes it takes a while for things to hit. Especially after being fucked senseless last night.

But now my mind was clear, and I knew what questions I wanted to ask.