Ch.26 Patched Up

Wren's POV

Patched Up

I believe my acting skills were off the charts because I was not asleep and Theo, with his keen eye for detail, wasn't able to work that out. I had only twitched when his hand inspected my bruised hip. Other than my closed eyes, I was totally conscious with a warm bundle right up next to my head.

Mr. Fox helped keep me calm while I lay in complete and utter silent distress.

I could hear Theo cleaning my apartment and the two things he muttered to himself.

He whispered, "What am I going to do with you, Wren?" as he had touched my bruise.

That was hard enough to keep still to.

But just now? From the kitchen, he muttered, "Sorry, sweet cheeks, you're not getting away that easy."

I work out that he had just read my text about me quitting when I hear him plop his mobile phone onto the bench a moment later.

I decide to peep through my eyes, just to see what he was doing now.

So I peel them open...

...and my heart stops.

He is simply staring right at me as he leans both palms on the counter, observing me. He doesn't even flinch when he sees me 'awaken' for the first time after my nap.

I expect him to say something but he doesn't even smile.

"I thought this nightmare was over," I growl under my breath, pretending to be shocked as I reach back and I rotate Mr. Fox off my pile of hair so I can sit up. In the process of moving my hurt wrist throbs with pain and I clutch it quickly to my chest. I wince, feeling both exhausted and sick to my stomach that I had to deal with him following me home to my apartment. Now, I see, he flinches himself as if feeling my own pain. He looks worried for a moment, before that look is replaced by anger, "I told you I quit," I murmur, hugging my knees to my chest with my uninjured arm. Theo's eyes zone in on my hurt form, he still hasn't said a word. I can tell he is brooding over my injuries, "I don't want you here," I continue, although I can't bring myself to look at him when I say this. For some reason, especially after having the adrenaline wear off, I felt deflated. My heart and stomach both clenched at the thought of having to be strong right now, "Please, leave."

"Did I say you could leave my apartment?" Theo asks and my eyes dart up now, as I look at him in disbelief.

"How–"

"This isn't what we agreed to," Theo snaps, "I admit, I fucked up. You had every right to be angry but I didn't want you to leave."

"You have no right to use the Dominant act now, what the fuck?" I glare at him from my position on the couch and watch as he just glares back at me as he grabs the kettle and fills it up, popping it back on it's base to boil.

"I'm going to prove to you that I have every right, sweet cheeks," he smiles at my shocked eyes as I know he is going to make me tea.

"I don't know why you're so utterly determined to take care of someone who isn't your type!" I get to my feet, anger bubbling back through my veins, reawakening my fury.

I storm my way around the counter. I go for the kettle to flick off the power button, but he simply side steps into my path and grabs my arms, avoiding my injured area.

"Let me prove it," he growls, looking distressed, "Please, Wren. I want to show you just how much you mean to me," I look down, hurt at these words when I think of the conversation I had over-heard, "I didn't mean what I said to Kyros, you saw my brother. He's an asshole. I was simply speaking to him in asshole terms that he'd understand. Look, I know that's not an excuse, but you wouldn't have been so upset if you had listened to me in the first place and stayed in my bedroom."