Crickets

Monday morning rolls around and I'm kinda scared for what awaits me at school. So far I haven't heard of any roomers about me and how easy I am. So maybe Skylar can keep his mouth shut. Maybe we can have more than just fooling around in the woods. Anyway it's time for me to stop worrying and walk in the building. I'm running a little behind today so the school looks deserted with the hallways so empty. All of a sudden I hear a door slam open and someone running down the hall behind me. I scoot over to one side of the hallway and walk to the office so I can get a tardy slip. The footsteps behind me slow down from running and walk just behind me. It's kinda creepy to be honest. I have to turn around and see who it is. 

As I start to turn arms wrap around me and I can smell cologne. Mmm, it smells really good but still he needs to let go. "Well look who I found!" I hear Skylar say as he hugs me from behind. The sound of his voice makes me relax into his arms and I laugh.

 "Hi Skylar." I'm blushing a little and I hardly ever do that. 

"Hey beautiful, so uhh wanna ditch today? We can go somewhere and hang out."

 I think about it for a bit. "Why the hell not, I haven't even gotten my tardy slip yet so lets just go." 

I turn around,  grab his hand, and we walk out to his vehicle. "We can go back to my house and play some video games or watch movies." 

He looks at me waiting for me to reply or show any sign that I'm okay with that. So I smile at him and kiss him on the lips quickly before running to the passenger side car door and hop in. I hear him laugh and soon he climbs into the drivers seat.

It takes no time and we are pulling into his garage. On the way he told me his dad wasn't at home and wouldn't be till sometime after midnight so I knew we were clear to do anything we wanted really. Do I want to continue what we started in the woods or for real just play games and watch movies? Skylar walks around to my door and opens it for me. I realize that I might have zoned out there for a minute thinking about things and quickly get out of the car. Skylar picks me up and throws me over his shoulder. I start laughing as he walks away and soon he dumps me onto the couch. I stare up into his eyes for a moment and I see wanting in them but he turns to the TV and grabs two Xbox controllers. He hands me one and I sit up and slide onto the floor with my back against the couch. He smiles down at me and sits beside me.

We've spent half the day playing video games and watching movies mostly with us being silent. It wasn't a weird silence where things get awkward but a very comfortable one. I liked it and I think he did too. It's close to lunch now though and I'm getting a little hungry. I look over at him and see he's already looking at me. We smile at each other.

 "Are you ready to go get some food Lexi?" I shake my head yeah.

 "I am actually so what do ya have to eat here?" I ask him while standing up.

"All kinds of things. Lets go see." He stands up and grabs my hand the we walk towards the kitchen.  Once we get there he opens the fridge and we look in to see what our options are. There are all kinds of things to make a sandwich so that's what we choose. We decide on shredded steak sandwiches. Mmm, I know sounds good right? So while I'm putting everything we want on those he's making us a fruit smoothie to go with.

Once we are done preparing our food we sit in the kitchen at the small breakfast nook. We talk and eat and laugh.