Chapter 3

Zarah POV

I bunched my legs up getting ready to jump at her, yelling one last command at Vance in his head ‘RUN!!!’ and with that , I pounced.

Flying through the air it was like I was in slow motion, maybe it was the adrenalin that was pumping through my veins. I slowly came closer to the beautiful golden lion in front of me, making sure I had my sleek black paws in the right place to pin her down as soon as I hit. I went a little off course as most attacks do, but I quickly fixed it by flicking my tail to one side, correcting my course.

I hit dead on. The she lion was thrown to the floor with me over top pinning her there. I could sense that vance didn’t listen to me, as always, and stayed in the store. I glanced over and saw him smiling at me.

‘What are you smiling at?’ I hissed at him.

His smile dropped ‘smiling?’ he asked, playing it stupid.

‘whatever, come over here and help me then’

The lioness moved underneath me I growled, dropping my gaze to a blonde head. Apparently she had switched back to her human form while I wasn’t looking. That’s strange. I could still feel fur underneath me. Curiously I got up and looked down at her. She took the opening I had made and stood up. Blonde hair falling carelessly down her back, looking extremely light against the black sweater she had on.

Sweater? How?

Whenever me and Vance switched back to human form we were nude. This chick is strange.

She glared at me slightly and then turned to Vance, “Tell your sister to change back” her voice rang with the slightest bit of authority but Vance and I ignored it. “Tell her yourself.” Vance replied icily.

She sighed “Very well then”, looking back at me. Suddenly I was hit with a wave of pain, it felt like my body was about to explode with pressure filling my brain. I felt like my whole body was swelling up under my skin.

I whimpered in pain and suddenly it stopped. When I looked around I found I was on the floor of the store curled up in a fury black ball. It felt as if the pain was never there to begin with. Vance had the blonde girl pinned against the wall with one his legs in-between hers, one hand holding her arms above her head and her had his arm pushed against her throat. Her face was slightly pinkish but she could still breathe.

‘Grab some clothes and switch back in the change room, then go to the door and lock it and close the blinds’ he ordered her like he always does when they were in a strict situation. She had learned to listen to him when he was like this; it was always for the best. She replied with a short ‘Kay’ and went to go change.

When I got out of the change room I headed to the front of the store only sparing a small glance back at Vance to make sure he still had her. When I heard the lock slam home I felt memories bubbling to the surface of my mind but I forced them down. Now was not the time to have a flashback, not here, in front of her.

Closing the blinds quickly the place dimmed a bit but it was still bright inside from the high wattage fluorescent lights that were hanging from the ceiling. Turning right on my heal I speed walked back to where Vance was holding her. “What’s your name?” I asked her venomously. “Her names Samantha” Vance said not taking his eyes off of her.

“what was that thing you did to me, and how did you do it?” I asked her

“Uh you don’t know?” she said sounding a bit confused, “where are you from?” she asked quietly.

“not around here”

There was a knock on the door. “hello?” a gruff voice sounded behind the door, “Sammy? Are you in there?”

Vance backed off of Samantha’s throat and motioned her to get the door. Shakely Samantha made the door and yelled “on my way!”, when she made it to the door, step by step I a forrboding feeling in the pit of my stomach got bigger and bigger. Thinking it was just nervs I decided to let it go.

I soon found that I should have listened to the pit, Samantha opened the door and a bunch of people came hustling through.

A fog seemed to cover my thoughts and I felt like I was on the brink of sleep, the last thing I remember was the floor getting closer fast and then I blacked out.