|| Chapter Seven ||

Next day morning, Manik woke up to find both his kids sleeping on him. He smiled and got up carefully without disturbing them. It was Sunday, he took a quick shower and walked out with his laptop and phone. He had a lot of work to catch up with. He sat down to set up his work station and quickly got immersed in answering his mailbox which was full with panicky unanswered mails. After a bit, he needed his black coffee, he looked around for Nandini, she wasn't around. He walked into the kitchen looking around and saw her packing some stuff. There were boxes on the floor of the kitchen.

"What are you doing?" he asked.

Nandini looked at him without any expression and went back to doing her work.

"I told you that I have hired people to do this."

"I sent them away."

"What? Nandini!"

"What? It's my house and this is my stuff, I want them packed in a certain way. Deal with it. If you have to go back soon, you can go ahead. I will join you with the kids later."

"Nandini, I told you hundred times, I am not going anywhere without my children. And I told you if I am leaving, I will take them with me."

"Fine"

"What do you mean fine."

"Take them with you."

"Take them with me? You are suddenly fine with that?"

"Yes, I am fine with that."

"Well, maybe I will."

"Well, maybe you should."

Manik stood there looking at her, not knowing what to do next, with a confused expression.

"Mommy, show me again..." Tara came in sleepily, holding a pink and blue fairy tutu.

Nandini looked at Tara and suppressed a smile. "Ask daddy bunny, he is the one going to take care of you for the next few days." She replied looking at Manik. "Show her how to Manik, your daughter doesn't even brush her teeth without wearing that."

"What? That is so silly." He muttered silently to Nandini. He looked at Tara who was giving him the pinky flowery skirt like thing with a sad face. She looked like she was going to cry.

"Flash news for you. Kids are silly." Whispered Nandini.

"Ok, no problem sweetheart, when daddy is here, not to fear." He knelled in front of her and took it from her. "Where does this go?" he asked Tara and looked at Nandini.

Nandini simply shrugged.

While Manik was struggling to figure it out with Tara. Nikki came out, he looked really worried "Mommy I can't find Mr. Wiggles."

Everyday Nandini would be so annoyed with Nikki for hanging on to his soft toy but today she couldn't be any more glad "Ask daddy Nikki." She said with a straight face.

"Abhi yeh wiggles kya hai? Aur this is so tacky, I don't know what to do with this." He looked towards Nandini for help. But Nandini ignored him.

Both kids were having an-about-to-cry expression.

"Nandini, come'on yaar help me out here. I don't know how to do all this yet."