Unexpected Alliance

Dark and Angel leave the next morning, the pack had made sure they had ate and drank before they left. With their final goodbyes they were off. Angel looks back and a slight whimper is heard.

Dark smiles and says.
"Fear not my love, we will return. Family is important for us, they are our strength and love."

Angel nod and says.
"I know, but it's so hard to watch your loved ones cry as you leave."

Dark nods and smiles.
"That it is my love. But they will always be excited to see you when we return."

Dark and Angel enjoy each other's company as they travel to make contact with the third member of the great ones. They pass through a small stream after stopping for a cool drink. Dark somehow knew what way to go, when and where to turn, what path to follow.

Seeing that night was approaching quickly Dark looks around for a safe place to sleep for the night. He finds what appears to be an abandoned house approaching slowly Dark sniffs the air for signs of fresh scents. Finding none he walks in and looks around it was a modest home one floor and multiple rooms.

Dark nods and says.
"We will stay here for the night."

Angel nods and starts to investigate, she finds a fridge with food inside and it was running.

"Babe come look at this. There's food inside and it is all fresh. Someone was here recently."

Dark nods and walks around the house looking for anything that would indicate what or who was there. Dark finds a secret door, using his paw Dark opens the door and finds a tunnel that had the scent of something. Searching his memory he identified the scent. Dragons, his ears pick up the sound of something moving in the tunnel and it was getting closer. Turning and closing the door like he found it Dark goes to Angel.
"Babe, we need to be ready to run. I know who's place this is, dragons and we are trespassing."

Before Dark and Angel could even move a Pegasus walks in and looks at them.
"Who are you, and what are you doing here? Only authorized members are allowed to be here."

Dark nods and says.
"Please forgive us, my name is Dark Wolf and this is Angel. We just need someplace to stay for the night. As the great ones I swear to you I speak the truth."

The pegasus looks at Dark then Angel, he nods and says.
"I can see in your eyes you speak the truth. You are welcome to stay as long as you need. My name is Alex Silver I am the one who leads a group of fighters who want peace with all the lands."

Dark nods and smiles.
"Thank you Alex, we have been traveling for many days. To be honest we are going to the dragon city, the third member of the great ones is there. I do not know her name but I do know what she looks like. A beautiful shimmering blue and purple, eyes that look as if they were the sky itself. Wings of the same blue as her body, and a voice that one would swear is of the heavens."

Alex nods and says with a smile.
"The one you have just described is Princess Crystal. To know her so well you are without a doubt the great ones. Rest and tomorrow I shall take you to the dragon city. I know you are wolves and you Dark are also dragon. There's food in the fridge and dried meat in the pantry, please eat what you want. You are now allies in a great war, The Freedom Fighters are now allies in arms."

Dark nods and says.
"You and the ones who fight with you have powerful allies on your side. That I can tell, but if this is to end we must find Princess Crystal. Honor and glory to you and those who fight with you Alex. We will eat and then rest, wake us in the morning when you are ready to leave. My mate is tired and so am I, again thank you for everything Alex."

Alex nods and says.
"It is my pleasure to help you Dark Wolf and Angel Wolf. There will be others who will arrive later. I will tell them of your mission, I'm sure they will want to help you also. Rest well my friends and allies, with your return peace and prosperity will reign."

Alex turns and goes to another room, as he leaves he says.
"All hail the Great Ones, all hail the Great Ones."

Dark smiles and says.
"Come my love, let us eat and rest."

Angel nods and smiles. They eat a medium sized but filling meal. Laying down Angel cuddles with Dark and drifts off to sleep, followed by Dark.

It appears that there is a resistance and they fight for the safety of all the lands. The Freedom Fighters were a group of well trained and deadly individuals, unknown to Dark was the fact that Crystal was leading the fight in the dragon city.

Please remember to vote and comment, I truly appreciate each and every vote and comment.

Have a pleasant day.
Silver 🐲