Chapter 1. (Edited)

Author Note

Hi, this is my first time writing a story like this. I'm not very good at writing but I please tell me what you think. Thanks for choosing my fanfic. Alcohol and abuse will be mentioned.

Italics are people's thoughts and messages will be in bold

Thanks again, hope you all enjoy :) love yas.

John's POV
I jolt awake due to the sound of the front door slamming shut. I look over at my clock, it read 1:45. I make my way downstairs and hear my father bellowing at my mother again. It's not fair on her, she is terrified of him. She does everything she can to make him happy and in return he abuses her, both verbally and physically.

I walk into the kitchen, the smell of alcohol makes me nauseous. He has obviously been out again, he's been out every day this week. I see my mother sitting on the floor, her face red from crying. Helping her up, I take her to her bedroom. When I walk back into the kitchen I am greeted by my father who slaps me across my face.

I walk over to the cupboard and pick up a glass, when I turn around the man is standing in front of me. He picks me up by my collar and pulls me extremely close to him. "What the hell is wrong with you, your mother and I were having a conversation," his breath smelling noxious. "That wasn't a conversation, you were shouting at her for no bloody reason," I roar back.

He hits swings his fist at me, hitting the side of my head, causing me to fall from the impact. I hit my cheek off something as I fall. "Fag," he mutters, kicking me before exiting to the living room. I walk up to my mothers room and sit beside her on the bed. "Oh no, your face John, it's bleeding, and you've got school in the morning, oh what will everyone think?" she carefully looks at my face. "I know, it's fine I'll sort it out later. Mum you know you should just leave him, go and stay with Harry, I'm sure she wouldn't mind you staying with her for a bit while you find your own place,"

"John you know how he is, he wouldn't survive without someone there for him,"

"but he doesn't deserve you, you should be more respected," I complain. I really am worried about her, I'm afraid that when I go to Barts that she'll get really hurt.

"I'll be fine John don't worry about me, now you better get back to bed or else you'll never be able to get up in the morning,"

"I don't think I'll be able to get to sleep with him smashing things and falling over,"

"Do you want to call Harry? I'm sure she won't mind you staying the night, and it would be easier for her to drop you off,"

"Okay, mum, I'll call her now, let me just go pack my bags, I'll call you when I get there tomorrow, goodnight,"

I walk into the bathroom, locking the door behind me. I get the first aid kit and start to fix the cut on my cheek.

I bring my phone out from my pocket and text Harry, saying that I'm coming over. Half an hour later I walk in still wearing my pyjamas and take my bags up to my room. I get into bed, set my alarm and drift off to sleep.

I jolt awake from the sound of my alarm blaring. I feel around for my phone turning it off. Quickly I get up and walk into the bathroom, I have a shower and then get dressed.

When I walk down stairs I see that Harry is already up. "Morning John, almost ready for your first day at Barts?" She greats me happily. "Yeah, I suppose,"

"Look John, I know you're worried about mum but she can look after her self, shes a grown woman. Now let me make you a cup of tea that will cheer you up, won't it?"

"Yeah," Harry knows that I can't resist tea.

I walk back up to my room after finishing my tea. I pack my bags and bring them downstairs. "Do you want to brings those bags out to the car John?" Harry calls. "Okay Harry, I'll be out now,"

I walk out to the car and put my bags in the boot and sit in the back of the car and wait for Harry.