what are the odds ~ jandi

ok, if anyone doesn't know how to play what are the odds, this story may be a little confusing.

"Ok, so who's next," Buffy asked, giving sly eyes around the circle.

It was almost midnight on Halloween night in Buffy's newly renovated basement. Andi, Buffy, Cyrus, and four ninth graders sat in a circle on the carpet floor. A couple other kids were outside, trying to scare people still trick or treating. Usually ninth graders made Andi scared for her life, but these were the chill ones, that they hung out with back when she was in sixth grade.

"Ooh, I have a good one!" Sophie, one of the ninth graders, peeped up. "Andi, what are the odds you'll go up to Jonah and give him a kiss!"

Andi turned red. "On the mouth! No way."

"Oh calm down, you might not have to do it. C'mon, don't be a wimp."

"Ok...fine, fine, I'll do it." Andi gave in. The two girls counted to three in unison. "One, two, three...five!"

"...five! Yes, you have to do it!" Sophie exclaimed, and everyone squealed. "Is texting Jonah to come inside right now!"

Andi turned red again. "No! I mean, I can't! What do I do!"

Cyrus turned to Andi. "Stop being so frantic! Just when he comes in, walk over, and give him a little peck. It's not liked you haven't dreamed about it for years."

"Shhhh!" Whispered Andi. Suddenly, the door opened across the room and Jonah sauntered in, quieting everyone.

"What's up?" Jonah said, kneeling down to grab a Kit Kat off the pile.

"Um Jonah," Andi said, standing up. Then, and did the most daring thing she's ever done; she leaned over and gave Jonah a kiss. When she pulled away, everyone stared at Andi, completely taken back that she actually did it.

"Uh, what was that for?" Asked Jonah sounding a bit confused, because I mean, who wouldn't be.

"Just a dare," Manda blurted out, and Jonah nodded, looking at Andi.

"Oh...okay. Well um, see you around." Jonah said, then went back outside to join his friends.

As soon as he left, everyone jumped up on top of Andi. "You actually did it!" Sophie yelled, giving Andi a little hug.

At the end of the night, as everyone was leaving, Andi was waiting outside for Bex to pick her up. Suddenly, someone ran past her, bumping into Andi.

"Oh, sorry I-" Andi recognized Jonah's voice in the dark as he realized it was Andi. "Oh, sorry Andi, I didn't see you there."

"You're fine," Andi said, giving him a little smile. Jonah gave her a smile back. "See you around." He turned around and ran off toward the street, where his ride waited. Butterflies went through her stomach, and she waved as he drove away.

A few moments later, Andi's mother's, or grandmother's car appeared, and she darted through the dark and got in.

"So, how was the party?" Bex asked as Andi bucked her seatbelt.

"Andi thought for a moment. "It was fun. But, you have to teach me how to kiss."