Chapter 2

*Gemma's POV*

I looked at Ruby after he was gone.

"Wow." Was all I could manage to say.

She giggled, and we walked up to our dorm. "So, you finally found someone attractive." She said when we got to the room.

I gave her look. "Which doesn't mean anything." I set my purse on the desk, grabbed my phone, and plopped onto the bed, laying on my stomach.

"Yeah, but you can always see if you have any classes together." Ruby said, sitting on her bed.

I raised an eyebrow. "Are you trying to get me into a relationship?" I asked.

"Maybe. It's about time we find guys we like." She said, picking at her nails.

I rolled my eyes. "Just because I think he's attractive doesn't mean I'll like him." I said, scrolling through my Tumblr app.

"Yes, but it's a start." She said cheerfully.

I threw a pillow at her. "You are so weird."

She threw it back. "Then that makes you weirder." She stuck her tongue out at me, which I did back.

I sighed, and grabbed my toiletry bag. "I'll be back." I said, and grabbed a t-shirt, shorts, and a pair of underwear.

She just waved me away and started reading a book.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*

"So, you ready for classes tomorrow?" I asked Ruby. We were both sitting on out beds, on out phones.

"Kinda, but I wish we had more together." She said. We only had one, and it was the middle of the day.

"Me too." I said. I reached over to the desk, grabbing my schedule and taking a picture of it.

I looked at it, trying to memorise.

English Literature-- 10:30

Introduction to Design-- 12:30

European History-- 4:30

I was glad I only had three classes the first day, which would be a lot easier.

I was thinking about if I would know anyone in my classes, and kept thinking back to the guy I knocked into earlier. I shook the thought from my head. He was probably some other major, the way he looked. But I shouldn't judge a book by its cover.

I checked the time, and seeing that it was 9:300, I decided to go to bed.

"I'm calling it a night. 'Night, Ruby." I said, climbing under the covers.

"'Night." She said, still on her phone.

I snuggled up, and fell right to sleep, which i'm glad for. It would help me wake up easier, which is something I would need.

I closed my eyes, and drifted off into a dreamless sleep.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Beep! Beep! Beep!

I groaned, and shut off my alarm. I sat up on my elbows. It was still dark, but I wanted to get an early start to the day. I mentally slapped myself. I wanted to sleep more, but I was already awake.

I looked at Ruby, who was still passed out. She was lucky, her first class didn't start until 12:30, so she could sleep in.

I got up and grabbed my toiletry bag and put on my slippers, heading down to the showers. No one else was there, so I didn't have to worry.