Chapter 4

•Kol's POV•

It's so hard to keep hidden, god dammit! I have to clean everything up. Its a mess. No one can see this, unless I want to get a one way trip back to Mystic Falls.

•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•

"Now, before we go today, I have finally made your partners for the assignment." Mr. Herrod said. "I think that these pairings will be beneficial in getting exemplary essays."

I rolled my eyes. I wasn't very fond of this professor, he was rather boring.

He went through the list, and I was dreading who I would have to work with.

"Miss Larkin and Mr. Mikaelson." He said, going through the list. I smirked, and turned to Gemma.

"Looks like we'll be working together." I whispered.

She rolled her eyes. "Fantastic." She mumbled.

I didn't know why she was being like this. She had been distant all week.

"What, you didn't want to work with me?" I asked, raising an eyebrow.

She gave me a look.

"What?" I said.

"Just... Just don't try to flirt with me throughout the whole thing." She said, a little annoyed. "I know you've been doing it all week."

I put my hands up. "You got me." I said sarcastically.

She rolled her eyes again. "Let's try to get along. I want to get a good grade." She said.

I nodded. "When do you want to start?"

"Umm..... Tonight, if you're not doing anything." She said.

"I'm not."

"Good. We can meet at the Library after History today." She said, putting her books away.

"Alright, see ya then." I said, doing the same, standing up when the professor let us go and walked to my next class, Advanced Geography.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

*Gemma's POV*

"So, how is you first week going by so far?" Ruby asked me while we were starting to do se sketches.

"Fine." I said, looking down at my notepad.

"Is something the matter?" She asked. I bet she could tell by my voice. I have to learn to lie better.

"No, we just got assigned partners for the semester project in English. It's rather boring." I said, looking up at the flower vase in the center of the table. it was blocking her from looking at me, which I was thankful for.

"Oh, really?" She said. I could tell what was coming up next. "And who is yours?"

I paused. I didn't know if I should tell her or not, but I think my pause gave me away.

"Gemma!" She said quietly so the teacher wouldn't hear her. "He's your partner, isn't he!" It wasn't a question.

I rolled my eyes. "Don't make such a big deal about it." I grumbled.

"A big deal? I'm not making a big deal!" She said, leaning to the side of the plants so she could see me. "I just don't like it."

"Well, too bad. I can't change my partner at all, so I'm stuck with him."

She huffed. "Just be careful. And don't let him flirt." She said.

"I'll try. I already told him that he better not."