Chapter 5

"I heard footsteps approaching, so stay quiet and don't make any rash decision."  The younger Ray warns.

The strange boy opens the lock and we left as quiet and as fast as we could.

"You have my gratitude." I said to him.

"It's fine. It wasn't free for you anyway."

In the dark of the dungeon I didn't see his face clearly, but now I see that there are a few differences. He looks younger and his features are a bit softer.

"How old are you?" I asked.

"14, why?"

"Hmm, I was right. Although we look similar, your appearance is somewhat more...youthful, for a lack of a better word."

"Then let me guess, you're around the age of 16 or 17."

"The former is correct."

"But you know, this isn't the best time to be getting to each other."

We look back to see if there was anyone chasing us.

"No one is coming after us." I stated. "So let us continue our conversations, shall we?"

"Well then, as I like to say, age but a number. You may idiot for someone who shares my face."

I felt insulted by that.

"How dare you say that. Ah." I realized. " I haven't told you who I am yet."

"Yes, you are an idiot." He sighed.

"What?!" I am offended.

"When we first introduced ourselves, you didn't mention your so-called identity nor did you mention your status. I may be clueless to how this place works, but why would simple bandits locked you up if they could just take all that you have on your person. So that means they were hired by someone to capture you and judging from all that I know, the reason for wanting your capture is related to your identity. Now, if you tell me your identity, then I could just simply run off with your secret."

I stare at him with awe. The other Ray was right. I was acting like a idiot.

"I apologize. I was acting too irrational because my pride got hurt a tad bit."

"It's great that you understand. Now, you have any idea where we are?"

I look around. We were in the forest that I was attacked in.

"This is where the bandits captured me."

"Good, you do know. Then, do you know the way to a place where we could stay? Like an inn or some town."

"Yes, I have a hideout near the mountain a little to the East of here."

"It's quite close to the dungeon."

"No worries, the place is hidden exceptionally well." I assured.

"You shouldn't of trusting others so easily."

"I don't, but you saved me and I want to repay you, as I have promised, by giving you somewhere to sleep."

"Thank you." He said appreciatively.

"It's the least I could do, I would have died if you left me. You are what I can call a friend"

"A friend? Then you would be the second one I've ever had." He sounded lonely, as if he had been isolated for a long time.