Chapter 10

She looked tired. Exhausted. Her eyes stared at me like a dead fish, frozen and lifeless. I thought my hatred for her can not be easily burned out, but the sight of her just brought me to a complete stop. Is this the woman who left me? Is this the woman who abandoned her only child?

    "Ray." Her voice croaked. "You selfish daughter. What do you want from your poor mother?"

    "I don't have many memories of you being motherly to me, but memories can lie too. I'm here to get some answers. Why did you abandon me? Why did you leave me at your parents' house?" I asked bluntly.

    She looked straight at me and tears formed as if the ice in her eyes melted.

    "You think I wanted to? I was hurting from the guilt all the time. I went insane because I had to live with that monster. But you good for nothing girl just spit on my hard work like trash! Just kill me now!"

    It's hurts. It's painful. My conscience beats against my heart. My emotions swelled up my throat, so close to escaping. My eyes watered recalling the past. How I treated her and how I hated her.

    "Sorry." I let out quietly. "Sorry. I'm sorry!" The flood waters burst through the dam and flowed out endlessly. "I'm sorry, mom! Don't die. Don't leave me again!"

    I wasn't an adult. I wasn't mature. I wasn't strong. I was just a 14 year old child that yearned desperately for my mother's affection and care.   

  They took her away. She was too unstable. I was too, in a way. She was my mother, and I regret my actions towards her. My heart was lightened of the hate that grew from my loneliness. I went to sleep with a cleared mind.