Pond & Holmes

September the First, 1998
That was when it seemed that 9-year-old Amelia Pond's life ended, or it was ruined. Her Aunt Sharon was sick of Amelia talking about her 'Raggedy Doctor' to the Leadworth locals and was tired of the reputation of the both of them.
The locals did not take kindly of children who had imaginery friends, or people who needed to see a doctor. Aunt Sharon had sent Amelia to four psychology doctors in the past two years, in attempts to make her seem 'normal'.
Aunt Sharon did indeed love her niece Amelia, that was what she always said when she brought her to a new doctor. "I am doing this because I love you, Amelia." Aunt Sharon would say while patting Amelia's hair and pushing her into the doctor's office.
But no matter what Amelia said to anyone, no one would believe the fairy like tale of her imaginary Doctor. That is, until she met Rory and Mels.
Rory Williams and Mels were her best friends since they were young and when Amelia told them about her Raggedy Doctor, they immediately believed it.
They spent most of their time playing dress up games where Amelia would make Rory dress in the most tattered clothes and Mels would be the villian. Mels was always into it, her voice could be heard from the other side of Leadworth shouting out that Rory would never catch her. While Amelia was Rory's companion, always running after Mels with Amelia clutching his hand tightly. Just as she had wanted to hold her Raggedy Doctor's hand.
Eventually, in 1998, Aunt Sharon had deceided to move to London with Amelia, hoping that she would forget all about that imaginary friend of hers.
Amelia didn't want to leave Rory and Mels, didn't want to leave the house that held so many memories of her Doctor. However, Aunt Sharon was persitent with her choice, and they lugged their luggage to London, with Amelia dreaming about her fish-fingers-and-custard eating Doctor.
Then came her first day of school. Then came Sherlock Holmes.

~~~~~

Disclaimer: I do not own any Sherlock or Doctor Who characters, objects or locations.