eight

"like this?" taehyung's eyes glimmered with hope as he showed the boy his drawing so far.

"yes! exactly like that," jeongukk praised. "you're doing awesome, taetae. you learn so fast!"

blushing at the compliments, taehyung looked down and focused on the notebook in front of of him. he stole glances at jeongguk, watching the boy as he sketched on his own sheet of paper, his tongue poking out of the corner of his lips as he concentrated.

"you look so cute when you draw," taehyung blurted out, his words immediately causing jeongguk's face to erupt into a rosy shade of pink.

jeongguk stopped drawing and looked at taehyung to see that the boy had already been staring at him. the boxy grin on the boy's face urged jeongguk to scoot slightly closer.

they had already been sitting close, but now their shoulders were pressed directly against each other's. neither of them minded the closeness, so they didn't bother to move until jeongguk got tired and rested his head on taehyung's shoulder.

"taetae?"

"yeah, jeonggukkie?"

"when can i go to neverland with you?" he asked, yawning softly as his eyes fluttered heavily.

"not tonight, but soon."

"promise?"

"i promise, jeongguk." taehyung pressed a kiss to the sleeping boy's temple before he laid him down on the bed.

he put away jeongguk's things before gathering his own notebook and drawing supplies and carrying them in his arms as he drifted out the window.