one

jeongguk laid in his bed, staring blankly at the ceiling. he softly hummed a random song to himself. his head turned towards the door as he heard it being opened.

"jeongguk, are you awake?" his mother's gentle voice called into the room.

"yes, mom," he replied. "i'm awake. you can come in."

the woman stepped all the way into the room, smiling at her son. she sat down on the edge of his bed and gently brushed his bangs off of his forehead.

"how are you feeling?"

"i'm fine. just a little bored and sleepy."

"everything is fine?" she questioned, concern laced in her words.

"mom, i am fine. i'm just sick. i'm okay, i promise," jeongguk explained, smiling at her to ease her worry.

she cracked a small smile and grabbed his hand. "i'm just making sure. i'll check on you in the morning, okay? get some sleep. i love you." she pressed a small kiss to his forehead and squeezed his hand before walking towards the door.

"i love you too, mom. goodnight," jeongguk yawned in response.

"goodnight, my love."

as soon as the door was shut, jeongguk turned on his side and closed his eyes, attempting to go to sleep. he had almost reached dream land when he heard a tapping noise. he closed his eyes tighter, trying to block out the sound.

the tapping soon subsided, but two louder noises sounded, followed by a deep groan.

the raven haired boy's eyes snapped open and he sat up, seeing a boy lying on the floor and preceding to pick himself up. the two boys made eye contact and jeongguk's eyes widened.

"i-i... who... mo–" jeongguk stuttered, preparing to shout when a large hand was placed over his mouth.

"please don't shout, i can explain!"