six

"hey mom," jeongguk called out, walking down the stairs and entering the kitchen.

"hi sweetie," she greeted, standing at the counter as she made a cup of coffee. "did you sleep well?"

"i slept okay! better than the past few days, i'd say," he replied as he grabbed the bottle of juice from the fridge.

mrs jeon held her mug in one hand, slinging her other arm around her son's shoulders. "i'm glad to hear that. now, what's got you up and dressed already?"

jeongguk smiled shyly as he poured some juice into a cup. "well, i'm giving taehyung drawing lessons starting tonight, so i thought i would stop by the art shop to get some more supplies. is that okay?"

"of course, my love. just make sure you take your phone and be careful, okay?" she told him, playfully ruffling his hair.

"okay mom. i'm gonna go get my phone and wallet from upstairs and then i'll be off!" he exclaimed, rushing up the stairs to his room to fetch his things.

once he had his wallet and phone in their respective pockets, he came back down to the kitchen. he kissed his mother on the cheek and headed towards the door. "i'll be home soon!" he shouted as he left his house, soon getting on his bicycle and leaving.

mrs jeon sighed and shook her head as she watched him cycle down the street. she still wasn't sure of this 'taehyung' her son kept speaking of, but if it was giving him this much happiness she wouldn't do anything to take it away.