four

the raved haired boy had spent hours doodling and sketching in his notebook. he was so focused on the art he was creating, he didn't even hear his mother return home. it wasn't until she came into his room and tapped him on the shoulder that he noticed her.

"oh!" he jumped as her hand touched his shoulder. "hey mom. i didn't even know you were home. i've been so busy drawing."

"i can see that," she replied, chuckling. "who is that you've been drawing?"

"taehyung! the boy i told you about," jeongguk explained excitedly. "my art doesn't really do him justice, but doesn't he look so pretty?"

mrs jeon smiled and ruffled her son's hair gently. "yes he does, baby. and he does have very bright red hair like you told me! he looks lovely, jeonggukkie."

jeongguk sighed, leaning his head against his mother's shoulder. "i feel tired, mom."

the woman frowned and softly combed her fingers through the boy's hair. "then go to sleep, baby. you probably wore yourself out from all of that drawing you did. give your brain some time to take a break."

"okay," he yawned out, lifting his head from his mother's shoulder. "i love you, mom." jeongguk placed his notebook and pencils on top of his drawer before laying himself down.

"i love you too, sweetheart. get some rest. if you need anything, don't hesitate to let me know." she kissed the boy's cheek before exiting the room.