three

jeongguk woke up the next morning, still feeling a bit sleepy, as he could hardly sleep due to his thoughts being occupied by a certain boy.

he yawned and sat up, stretching his tired limbs. he rubbed the sleep from his eyes with his fists, yawning once more.

after a few minutes of just sitting there on his bed, there was a knock on the door.

"come in!" he called out, scratching his head.

"good morning, love," his mother greeted. "how are you feeling?"

"morning," he mumbled. "i feel okay, i suppose. i'm still kind of sleepy though. i was up a little later than usual."

the woman nodded as he spoke. "i see. and why was that?" she asked as she smoothed down a section of his hair that was sticking up.

jeongguk played with his fingers as he hesitated before answering. "i was talking to someone."

"oh, you were? on the phone?"

"no, in here. in my room."

"who were you talking to?" she questioned, her eyebrows furrowed together in confusion.

"his name is taehyung!" jeongguk replied, appearing to be more alert now. "he flew in through the window. he's really nice and funny. and he's soooo pretty! he has bright red hair!"

mrs jeon smiled softly as she listened to her son talk about the boy. "wow, jeonggukkie. he sounds great." she figured that the boy was a creation of her son's dreams or of his imagination.

"he is!"

"well, i'm glad you've got a new friend. i'm going to go out for a couple hours to meet up with a friend. do you need anything?"

jeongguk thought for a minute before shaking his head. "nope! i'm good! have fun, okay?"

"okay, love. i'll be back soon. i love you." the woman gently pecked his forehead.

"i love you too, mom."

once his mother had left, jeongguk pulled his notebook out of his drawer, along with his colored pencils and a regular pencil. he closed his eyes tightly as he began to imagine the red haired boy. when he had a good idea of what he looked like, he picked up the pencil and began to draw.