Part 11

Crimson Confidante

England x Vampire! Reader

Ch.11- Transformation

The older women gazed down at her small blonde child, a pitiful frown on her face as she watched his tears stream down his face. She bent down and placed her delicate pale white hand through his dishevelled locks in an attempt to calm her son down.

"Arthur?" She spoke soft and lovingly. "Whatever could be the matter?"

"They don't believe me mum... I keep telling them that they exist, but they make fun of me!" Arthur sniffled, rubbing a sleeve along his face ridding himself of the older tears so new ones could trail down his red cheeks and puffy eyes.

Ms.Kirkland sighed and took her youngest son's hand, bringing him to the dining hall table so she could treat his scratches and cleans his cuts. She sat him on an old chair and had him hold out his arm, seeing the bruise no doubt caused by one of her older sons.

She never understood why her boys never got along, but she had always assumed it was because Arthur looked like their mother, and not his father: something the other boys did not have. Each of her 4 sons had her dazzling emerald eyes, but Arthur got her golden blond hair and fair white skin along with it.

Allistor got his father's red hair, Seamus got his father's strawberry blond hair, Dylan as well to match his twin brother, along with some other traits of their absent fathers it seemed. She could only assume they were jealous of their younger brother for not resembling his father and instead their lovely and caring mother instead.

"The fairy was right in front of them... but they said I was lying!" Arthur angrily puffed out his cheeks. His small arm flinched as the cut ointment was applied to his palm followed by a band aid with green and blue stripes.

"I'm sure your brothers are just jealous you can see them and they can't anymore." She commented.

"I don't understand why... last year we could all seem them... and now they said it was just our imagination..." Arthur sighed sadly. "Am I really just imagining them mum?"

Ms. Kirkland stopped her actions and looked up at her son, rubbing his cheek tenderly and delicately. "Just because something isn't real to your brothers, doesn't mean it's not real to you. And just because they say something does not exist, does not mean it really doesn't."

Arthur looked at her confused, her 'adult' words going over his head a bit. "I think I understand..."

His mother smiled. "Are you sure? I can always explain it in a simpler way."

Arthur shook his head rapidly. "I don't need it! I understood it just fine!"

He huffed and leapt down from the table and walked away. "I can understand anything! I'm very smart!"

Ms. Kirkland smiled and let out a little giggle. Arthur was always fun to tease as he had this somewhat inflated ego that showed up ever so often, and as a result made him act a bit protective of it.

Yes, Ms. Kirkland loved all her sons and wanted nothing more than the best for them... but even she knew that sometimes things did not always happen that way. And that even if she tried to prepare them for the best possible future she imagined for them all, that even she could not stop or prevent the hardships they would face.

Only they could face those dilemmas head on and as a result, either suffer from them, or power through them.

Present~

Keys were not an option at the moment, so Alfred kicked the front door to the apartment open, not caring if it came off the hinges or not. He was carrying Arthur on his shoulder, trying to ignore the Brit's rising body temperature meaning that the Wendigo poison had started to take effect already.