THIRTY-SEVEN

set in 2022

IN WHICH THERE ARE SOME ADDITIONS TO THE HOLLAND FAMILY

"I can't believe you got a dog," Tom said as soon as Leila got home with the black pug. His hair had gotten a little longer since they got married, but it actually suited him. Leila shrugged and held out the dog for him to take.

"Tommy, meet Castiel," she said and smiled widely when Tom grabbed the tiny puppy and held him to his chest as if it was a baby, which to be fair, it kind of was.

As he was quickly falling in love with the dog, Leila dug up something from her purse and held it up right before his eyes. Tom squinted and backed a few steps to see what it was, almost dropping Castiel when he did.

"Did you just almost touch me with a pee stick?" he asked and scrunched up his nose, making his wife glare at him teasingly.

"Yes, I almost just touched you with a pee stick," she said and snorted. Leila put down the pregnancy test and shrugged off her jacket. "I went to get it confirmed by a doctor before I got Castiel, so yup. We're having a tiny Holland baby."

She barely even got to take her boots off before Castiel was put down on the ground and she was embraced in a hug so tight that she could barely breathe.

"We're having a baby, holy shit," he whispered, to which Leila snorted.

"Yeah, that's what I just say," she said and smiled as she hugged him back. "Let's name it after Charlie Bradbury."

Yeah, no. Tom was not going to name his first child after Supernatural.

(Leila would then proceed to try and talk him into it for nearly seven months.)