Mystery

Sometime after chapter 11. Anna

"When was she found?!"

"Is there any evidence around?!"

"Are there any witnesses?!"

"OUT OF MY WAY!"

I pushed my way through the crowd and to where the crime scene was. The Royal Guard was gathered around the perimeter of the area. Some were standing blanked-face and patrolling the area, and some were in the heart of the scene.

I straighten my coat and signaled for a familiar face in the guard. Chrom looked up and groaned heavily. He exchanged a few words with one of his comrades and rushed over to me.

"It's no surprise you came as fast as you did, Anna," he said. "You have no business in this matter, just go back to your home and stay safe. For all we know; there could be a murderer out there!"

I rolled my eyes and put my hands on my hips. "I have just as much reason to be here, Captain! You know that I'll be of much more use than any other detective!" I pointed out.

Chrom sighed and bit his lip. "I-I'm sorry, Anna! I don't really know if anyone would enjoy your company, right now..."

"It's not about the enjoyment of others. It's about the case. Now, where is the body?" I pushed past the captain of the Royal Guard, only to be stopped by him once more.

"Anna, leave this to us," he pleaded.

I narrowed my eyes and stared at him... Only to walk off again towards the crime.

I received many strange looks as I shooed people away to get closer to the body. There, a red-headed woman who looked like she was in her early twenties, was lying dead on the ground.

She was lying face down on her stomach. "Good, gods..." I kneeled down and took a closer look at her. "What's her story?"

A young man whom I recognized to be one of my old colleagues, Ricken, stepped forward. "Her name is Rachel Bushwell. Heiress to the Bushwell family's name," he answered.

I nodded and looked back to her. "How long ago did you find her?" I asked.

"About a half an hour, miss," Ricken answered.

I scoff at him. Miss... We used to work together!

"Do you know how long she's been dead?" I asked.

A young, blonde-haired girl with pigtails walked forward. That's Lissa, Chrom's sister. I used to collaborate with her... "I did an autopsy, and predicted that she died four hours ago," she replied.

I pursed my lips and dug into my pockets for my gloves. I pulled them on quickly and returned to the body. "Any idea for the cause of death?"

"She either committed areocide, or she was pushed, An- uh, I mean, ma'am!" Lissa stuttered.

"I see..." I mumbled. "Well, no way that could have happened. I'll find the real reason she died. You can just sit back and watch."

Chrom stepped forward. "Hey! You can't do that! You aren't even-"

"A field doctor? No, I'm not. But I know more about dead bodies than you ever could," I argued. "Now, give me some space."

Chrom hesitated. "...Everyone, ease back. Let Anna take care of this..."

"But, sir, is that a wise idea?" A man who I recognized to be Stahl asked.

"Yes, now leave her be," Chrom ordered.