Chapter Five

Percy's POV

The Weasleys, Harry, Hermione, Nico and I were at Diagon Alley.  Nico and myself already had everything we needed for school because it was in our trunks, but we had each found a bag in our trunk that was full of coins and never seemed to get empty, so we thought it might be fun to buy some stuff.

The both of us were in the shop that had animals while everyone else was buying books other school stuff.

"I want an owl," Nico said and he looked at me. "Can we buy an owl?"

"Sure," I said with a smile as I thought of Annabeth and how much she loved owls and how it was her mom's scared animal. "Which one do you want?" 

He was walking around for about ten minutes before he walked up to me with a black, gray and white owl sitting on his shoulder.

"I want this one," he said with the most adorable smile on his face.

"What are you going to name it?" I asked.

"What about Mr. Birdy?"

"I'm surprisingly okay with that," I told him, "but who do you even think we're going to get letters from?" I asked and Nico shrugged.

"I don't know, we could write to camp. I know that it's across an ocean, but we can always try," Nico said. "You should get one too."

"Yeah, okay, I've always wanted a pet anyways," I said with a shrug.

"What about Blackjack? Or Mrs. O'Leary?

"You know, I completely forgot about them."

"Bet Blackjack wouldn't want to hear you say that."

"Shut up," I said and I looked around for a couple minutes until I found the perfect owl.

She was a light brown color with a couple grey feathers. I picked up her cage and I walked over to Nico.

"Meet Wise Girl," I told him with a small smile.

Nico's POV

We had just boarded the train to Hogwarts. We would've been on here about ten minute earlier if Percy wouldn't've been afraid to run through the wall. I ended carrying him threw because he was being such a baby.

Sitting in the compartment was myself, Percy, Harry, Ron, Hermione, and boy named Neville, who seemed scared of me.

"So you guys haven't been sorted into houses yet?" Neville asked, shocked.

"Nope," Percy said, not going into any more detail.

"What house do you think you'll be in?" he asked and the three of us shrugged.

"Well, Percy is brave, so Gryfinndor for him, but from what I hear about Slytherin, I seem to fit into that category."

"Nico, contrary to popular belief, you're not evil," Percy said and I chuckled.

"You can say whatever you like about me, but you know my Dad, Perce. We all know I'm going to turn out like him."

"Hazel wasn't like your dad," Percy said and I turned and looked at him. 

"Hazel's not here because of my dad."

"If it makes you feel better, I'm not like my dad," he said, trying to lighten the mood and I laughed.

"Percy, you are more like your dad than you will ever know."

"You don't even know my dad!"

"When you went missing, I lived at your dads house, with him, for three weeks. Leo built me something so I didn't die while I was there. I got to know your step mom and your stepbrother, and I must say, they aren't that bad. But, then again, they both hate you with every fiber of their being, but you've never really gotten to know them. They both love Tyson, so they may actually like you."

"Well, Thalia's not like her dad."

"Thals is controlling, just like him. I don't know her dad well, but what I do know is that he scares me and he's intimidating, just like her."

"Nico, you're nothing like your dad," Percy said.

"Really? So I'm not scary, or creepy, or hated, or friendless, or an outcast, or crazy, and I don't do the same things as my dad does?"

"Well I can tell you one thing," Percy started. "You never forced someone to be your wife," he said and I chuckled and everyone else looked lost because they didn't understand anything that we were talking about.

"So, what have you heard about the new Defense Against the Dark arts teacher?" Harry said, changing the subject to one that everyone understood.

"I heard that it's his first year teaching," Ginny said. "Also, he apparently really attractive and really nice."

"Huh, well, I hope his class is fun."