Chapter Nineteen

Nico's POV

It was one day until Winter Break and the Yule Ball was later tonight. Yesterday we had finished up all of our classes and so people were just laying around doing nothing.

Percy and I were laying on my bed talking.

"So, you have a date yet?" he asked me and I laughed.

"No, you?"

He shook his head. "I've been asked by, like, six girls, but I didn't know any of them and I don't want to go to the dance with someone I don't know."

"They probably just asked you out because your winning the Wizard Tournament."

"You don't think it's because of my amazingly awesome good looks?"

I turned my head and studied his face. His messy hair was swept off to the side, his tanned skin was perfect and his eyes made me feel giddy inside. But I wasn't going to tell him that.

"No, you're not attractive enough for girls to want you for you looks. They probably just want you for you status."

"Well, do you wanna be my date? I know that you don't want me for my looks, that I do have because I'm incredibly sexy, or my status."

I blushed slightly and my heart started pounding. "Sure, as long as you're not asking me because of my good looks. You know, I am Italian and all Italians are very attractive."

"You're the palest Italian that I've ever met."

"Not fair," I said as I slapped his shoulder. "I spend a lot of my time at my dads, and no matter how much time I spend in the sun, I never seem to be able to tan. And speaking of being tan, how the hell are you able to be so tan when there's snow outside?"

He chuckled and shrugged. "I don't know. I'm just that amazing." He suddenly sat up. "Oh gods, we don't have anything to wear to the dance."

I sat up to. "I can shadow travel us to a tux place or something."

"Or, we can do this," he said and stood up. "Aphrodite, Nico and I really need your help with finding the right outfit."

"Do you really think that's going to work?" I asked and before he could respond, Aphrodite was suddenly in the room, and she looked giddy.

"Oh my gods," she said with the biggest smile I've ever seen and she was pratically shaking. "I can't believe this is finally happening! Percy, you never ask me for help. Okay, Nico, Percy, stand by each other."

I got of the bed and stood by Percy and Aphrodite waved her hand.

"Okay, how do you look?" she asked and a giant mirror appeared in front of us. Percy and I walked forward to inspect ourselves.

Percy and I were each in a three piece black suit, and the only difference was that Percy was wearing a red tie, and I was wearing a red bow tie. Then I notice something.

"Aphrodite, am I wearing eye liner?" She chuckled and nodded.

"Yes you are. It really makes your eyes pop."

"Am I able to take it off?" I asked and she shook her head.

"No, but it'll be gone tomorrow, and I only put a little on so it's not super noticeable. And don't worry, you both look incredibly attractive."

"Thank you," Percy and I said at the same time.

"Now, promise me something."

"What?" I asked and she chuckled.

"Use protection." Then she and the mirror disappeared.

Percy and I were both blushing, then I heard a small 'pop' and I saw something appear on my nightstand.

"Percy, don't turn around."

"What?" he asked and started turning around, but I stopped him.

"Don't turn around." When he didn't move, I walked over to my nightstand and grabbed the condoms and lube and walked over to the window, opened it, and through them out.

Percy walked over as I shut the window. "Was that what I think it was?" he asked and I blushed harder and nodded. "Wow, she just assumes things, doesn't she?"

"She's the goddess of love, of course she does."

There was another small 'pop', but this time, it came from Percy's nightstand. Percy walked over and opened a drawer. "Seriously Aphrodite?" he asked and a note floated down from the ceiling and I caught it. "What does it say?"

"Yes, and no matter how many time you try and get rid of it, it'll keep appearing. It's always good to be prepared in case something happens in the spure of the moment, winkie face."

Percy picked up the thing of lube. "Oh my gods."

"What?" I asked and he showed me it.

"It's strawberry flavored."

"What? Oh my god."

Another note floated down and Percy caught it. "You both like strawberries."

"Is there anything else that you would like to send us?"

Two piece of paper floated down from the ceiling and we each grabbed the one closer to us.

It was pamphlet on gay sex.

"That was a retorical question!"