Chapter 1 - Mikey's Confession

*Disclaimer: I do not own the rights to the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles franchise.

*Special Notes: The amazing artwork for this story was done by my incredibly talented friend, Flaux. The awesome cover art for this chapter was created by my equally incredibly talented friend, pilyarquitect. I adore these drawings so very much! Thank you both!!!

*Story Summary: Set before 'Slash and Destroy.' Mikey has really gone and done it this time. He's lost Raph's most prized possession, and if the hotheaded turtle finds out, Mikey's toast. Can Donnie figure out a way to save his little brother's shell? 

*Author's Notes: I'm excited to post the first chapter of my short story 'Mikey's Worst Move Ever.' This story won first place for Funniest Comedy in the 2016 TMNT Universal Fanfiction Competition. In other words, it's a lot more lighthearted than my other works. I really, really hope you enjoy it.  I also want  to point out that this story is a prequel to my story 'Slash's Revenge.'  

Thanks so much for reading . . . ;) CJ

-------------------------- 

Chapter 1 - Mikey's Confession

Fifteen-year-old Hamato Michelangelo sprinted through the open entrance of his immediate older brother's laboratory, instantly closing the thick, metal doors behind him and leaning into them as if the fate of the entire universe depended on him holding those doors shut. He planted his oversized feet firmly into the concrete floor and pushed against the doors with all of his might, calling upon his every last ounce of strength to keep the entrance secured with his shell. He even used all six of his toes for added leverage. He was leaning so heavily into the doors, he wasn't sure if his carapace could hold up to all of the pressure that he was putting on it. He was also starting to get a little worried that he might accidentally bust the doors down with his sheer awesomeness.

Oh man! D would so totally freak out if I broke his doors . . .

As if on cue, Mikey's brother, Donatello, poked his head out from behind his computer monitor. He only did so for a second or two – just to assess the situation – before ducking back behind his screen and returning his gaze to what he had been working on prior to his younger brother's melodramatic entrance.

It wasn't that Donatello didn't care that his baby brother was clearly upset about something. He cared about Mikey more than anything. He really did. It was just that Donnie was about ninety-nine percent certain that Mikey was just overreacting about some inconsequential thing, yet again. This had been Mikey's third hysterical visit to the lab today and it was only eleven-thirty in the morning. Mikey's first visit had been him panicking about the light in the refrigerator burning out. His second frantic visit had been because he had broken an arm off of one of his action figures. While they had both been relatively easy fixes for Donnie, the lair's resident handyman – or 'handyturtle' to be more accurate – Mikey had made these trivial things seem like they were ridiculously monumental. He had acted as though the world was coming to an end, all because he couldn't see where his Hungry Jorge Super Macho Burrito was and he couldn't play with his stupid Chris Bradford doll.

This is why young children should never be left unsupervised . . . Donnie thought wryly.

"Uh, you do realize those are sliding doors you're leaning against, right?" Came Donnie's slightly condescending voice.

Glancing towards Donnie, Mikey's face wrinkled up in confusion, as though he hadn't understood a single word that had just come out his big brother's mouth.

This was not an uncommon expression or occurrence from the youngest turtle, much to Donnie's irritation.

"Mikey, if you're trying to keep Raph out, leaning on sliding doors isn't going to do you any good. Why don't you try locking the doors?" Donnie asked, trying to keep the annoyance in his voice to a minimum. This wasn't the first time he had had to explain the concept of sliding doors to his younger sibling.