thirteen

Tony POV.
I don't know what I'm doing honestly. Mike was never supposed to get involved with this but it's a good thing he is here with me because other wise they would tell him lies about me I'll keep him here to keep him safe. I sat on the couch drinking a beer watching TV when an Amber alert came on to the tv. It was for Mike. Shit they are looking for him the first place they'll look is here. I begun to panic pacing back and forward in the living room. Okay I got it I gotta hide him I gotta take him somewhere else but where I don't know I have no place else shit. First I need to pack somethings I ran to the room grabbing two duffle bags putting as much of our stuff in each bag then carry them out to the back yard putting them in my truck. Now I gotta get Mike.
I ran down the basement stairs to a sleeping Mike I tried shaking him awake but he was knocked out so I grabbed him up into my arms bridal styled and quickly running out to the truck. I put him on the back seat and closed the door. I got in the driver seat and put on a pair of sunglasses and a baseball hat to disguise myself as much as I can. Then we drove off. After driving for a while I stopped at a Walmart, I looked back at Mike he was still sleep I guess he drunk that water I had gave him I put a roofy in just so he won't try running away. I walked around the parking lot a bit looking for a car with unlocked doors. Finally I came to this red SUV looks like a soccer mom van or something I quickly open the door and put Mike and I cell phones with a note that says 'gotcha' attached to them under the back seat. That should throw them off our trail. Then I ran inside and bought some hair die and makeup to cover up our tattoos and a cheap non traceable flip phones. Also some snacks for us to eat.
I drove for what seemed like forever until we reached this small town motel. This is home sweet home. After getting a room I brought our things and a very dizzy Mike in. He was finally waking up.
"Hey Mr sleepyhead" I said as he rose from the bed. He looked at me fightened. I looked at him confused "what's wrong" I asked him. He looked at me a gulped really hard "you hit me" he said shyly. I sighed and sat beside him "why honey no I didn't you fell down the basement stairs you must've dreamed it. "Oh I must've" he said looking around "why are we here" he asked. "we are going to Mexico to elope and for our honeymoon" I said with a smile. He smiled back "really" he said his eyes widened with excitement. I nooded. "Um what's the hair dye and make up for" he asked looking at the stuff I bought on the dresser "well I wanna do a new hair color and I thought maybe you want to do one too and the makeup is to cover up our tattoos cause it's frowned upon in these parts" I lied "um okay well I want to go blonde" he smiled reaching for the blonde hair dye. "Okay I'll be red" I replied with a smile.