Chapter 1

Evan P.O.V

"You're father will be here any minute now." My mother said excitedly as she gripped tightly to the phone in her hand. "I can't wait to see his reaction, I'm gonna record it all!" my mom said giggling.

An hour passed. Then another. Followed by many more.

"Mom get some rest." I said as I took the phone from her hand, and handed her a blanket.

"But your fath-"

"Isn't coming anytime soon. He's probably stuck in traffic... It's late now he's probably in a hotel and'll be here first thing in the morning." I told my mom hoping she would accept it and sleep.

"Okay baby" she said as she blew out the candles we had lit for my dad. "Just promise me you'll wake me up as soon as he gets here?" she said with a worried tone. 

"I promise."

***

It was the morning after, and dad still wasn't here. My father was the owner of this huge successful company that had something to do with oil, I'm not sure what exactly he does, but all I know is that because of him we're real rich.

My dad went to finalize a business deal as well as visit his family in the south for 3 weeks, and was supposed to return home yesterday, but he was a no show.

I sighed as I tried calling my dad for the 800th time. Again, no answer.

"Still nothing..?" my mom questioned as she rubbed her tired eyes. I looked at her and shook my head. I was worried for my mom, her health was was delicate and stressing too much about my father not coming home can make her really anxious.

"I'll call his folks while you call his bodyguards" my mom suggested. I nodded my head and dialed one of my fathers main bodyguards. I heard my mother chatting while I was still waiting. 

That's weird I thought. His bodyguard Adam always answered me no matter what. It was weird to think Adam is only a senior in high school... well was in high school until he dropped out.  While in school Adam came up with this brilliant plan of robbing one of my dad's buildings. He was able to sneak through the high-end fancy security systems and even take down some of my father's top trained security guards. But in the end Adam got caught by my father. Instead of calling the cops my father saw potential in Adam. He offered Adam a job and tried to make him my full time bodyguard, but I refused since I know I can take care of myself. I kinda regretted not accepting now that I think about it, I couldn't help but have a weird attraction to him. I knew it would never happen since Adam has a girlfriend... Okay I was getting distracted, and Adam still wasn't answering. Dad not answering and Adam not answering finally made me worry.

"His sister says the last thing she heard from him was that he was on his way to the jet, and she also said that he told her he'll call her right when he lands... He still hasn't called her so that means he hasn't even landed here yet." my mom said. "I think it's time we call the police or something... Ugh just think about the headlines." my mom sighed. My father was a pretty famous businessman. "Mom don't stress." I said while massaging her back. "I can't help but think the worse... is he dead? kidnapped? Did he decide to abandon us? Did he find a new family?" My mom continued. "Mom just don't think too much... If he doesn't show up by tomorrow then we should call for help, now eat." I said as I handed her a plate with breakfast. I ate silently as my mom just picked at her food. Dad come home soon, I can't stand seeing mom this way.

***

It was Monday morning and still no sign of my dad. I was supposed to go to school but skipped because I was worried what my mom would do without me here. The maids and butlers tried their best making my mom her favorite foods, and picking out her favorite outfits. But my mother was silent and ate nothing.