Unwanted To Loved Ch. 23

Ruby's P.O.V.

We were outside discussing a battle strategy.

"I'll let you try to talk your brother out of it, but if he won't listen then you will go back to the pack house and stay there." Matt tells me.

I knew better than to argue with him so I nod my head.

"Alright Matt, I think you should have triple the guards out here." Daniel says.

"I agree. The better chance we have at making sure they won't surprise attack us." Matt replies.

"We should have more of the guards near where the boundary line between our pack and Ruby's old pack lies." I hear Brian say.

"I agree with you. If we have more guards there, they could hold off the pack until the rest of us gets to them." Matt says.

Matt then ordered more guards over to the line. 

"Alright, lets head in and discuss how were going to win." Daniel says.

We followed Daniel back into the house and we went up into Matt's office. We all sat down and I saw a map on the desk.

"Alright, lets figure out how were going in." Daniel then says.

I just sat on Matt's lap the entire time. He was massaging my arms which made me feel very tired. I laid my head back against his chest and my eyes closed on their own. Later on, I felt myself being carried so I opened my eyes and saw that Matt was carrying me. I saw his head moving to look at me so I quickly closed my eyes.

"I know your awake." I hear him say.

I opened my eyes and looked at him. "How did you know?" I asked curious.

"I could feel your eyes on me." He says.

"And I thought you could read my mind." I say pouting.

He laughs and shakes his head.

"I love your laugh." I say out loud.

Whoops, that was meant to stay in my head not to be spoken.

I see Matt look at me.

"You love my laugh? But I thought you loved me." He says.

"I do love you. I love you more than your laugh." I reply.

"I love you too." He tells me.

We arrived in our room and he puts me down on the ground. When he lets go of me, I wrap my arms around his waist and hugged him. I felt him put his arms around the middle of my back. After the hug, he looks down at me with confusion. 

"Not that I didn't hate the hug but why did you hug me?" He questioned.

I shrug my shoulders. "Just wanted to, I guess." Is all I reply.

He kisses my forehead. "I need to head back to the office. You should lay down and get some sleep, I'll come back in a bit to check on you." He tells me.

I nod my head and he walks out the door but then comes back in. 

"Wear something of mine if you want to change." He says before leaving.

I roll my eyes and grab the shirt and pajama pants that were sitting on the bed and then I went to the bathroom, locked the door and changed quickly. I tossed the dirty clothes into the basket and then I stepped out into the bedroom and I got into the bed and fell asleep.