Unwanted To Loved Ch. 26

Ruby's P.O.V.

"Can I talk to you alone Ruby?" I hear Matt ask.

I knew he was going to try and change my mind but I was dead set on being trained to fight. I followed Matt to the house, we didn't go inside but this was the only spot that wasn't occupied by people. 

"What the hell are you doing?" Matt asks.

"What do you mean?" I question.

"I will not have you train." Matt replies.

I just roll my eyes. "I'm doing it anyway." I say. 

"No you are not." Matt says.

I bring my hand up and touch his cheek. "I want to protect myself." I say.

I see Matt closing his eyes at my touch. "My answer is still no. I will not have my mate train." He says.

I pout and take my hand off his cheek. "Why not?" I ask.

I was determined to make him change his mind. 

"I will not have a man touch or hurt you." He says.

I decided not to press the matter. He didn't want me to train because he thought I would get hurt and I knew that I wouldn't be able to change his mind. 

"Fine, you win."I say pouting again.

I hear Matt chuckle and he pulls me into a hug. I hug him back. 

"I love you Ruby." Matt whispers. 

"I love you too." I whisper back. 

I just hope that if Dylan is the reason their going to war with us, that I can get him to understand and see that I am happy where I'm at.