What's Communication Anymore?

Note: This isn't smut or romantic, but I just don't feel like doing anything :/

sorry
•••

Yuuri took a walk out from his home, his hands stubbornly stuffed into his jacket pocket. His face was red and tears were running down his gentle face.

Why, you may ask?

Let me take you to a few weeks ago, before all of this happened.

•••

The two lovers were practicing Yuuri's new routine at an ice rink in Russia. Viktor had reserved the place just for the two of them.

"Yuuri, do you think we'd get married soon? I mean, all you need to do is win the gold medal!" Viktor exclaimed happily.

Yuuri softly scoffed from annoyance and prepared for a jump.

'You act like it's so easy to get a gold medal..'

But as he was about to do a jump, he suddenly lost balance and felt his leg sting with pain. Viktor skated toward him in a rush.

"Y-Yuuri?! Are you okay?!"

Yuuri merely grind his teeth in frustration and pain. He was full of thoughts and questions and hated how he was so distracted from skating. All he wanted was to focus.

"I-I think I'm fine." Yuuri lied.

Viktor saw straight through his lie and helped him to get to the benches.

"You are not fine." he said softly as he skated across the rink. "You've been so clumsy lately. What's on your mind, Yuuri?"

Yuuri remained silent as he was carried to the benches. Viktor was saddened when he didn't get a reply. The two had become distant, due to Viktor's popularity. Viktor had been going out, without telling Yuuri.

"Yuuri." Viktor called out gently. "What's wrong?"

He was kneeling as he looked up at Yuuri, begging for him to communicate. He held Yuuri's left hand, rubbing it softly.

"I-I don't know." Yuuri said, sudden tears formed in his eyes. "I just- I've just been so distracted.."

Viktor was never good in front of people who cried so he awkwardly hugged his knees.

"You know I'm not good with people crying.."

Yuuri felt angered. Why can't he simply be comforted normally instead of having to be scolded? He just wanted to be comforted, for his worries to die down. Yet, Viktor always did the opposite. Yuuri stressed on the relationship; always wondering if Viktor was getting bored of him or if Viktor was just loved him out of pity. The thoughts made him depressed and distance from his lover.

"Viktor, why can't you just comfort me correctly?!" Yuuri suddenly yelled.

Viktor pulled back from the violent words. Viktor didn't know how to comfort correctly. He would just make everything worse.

"Y-Yuuri, I just- I don't know what I should do, you know that.." Viktor stammered.

Yuuri just wanted to know him better. He wished to have less stupid insecurities so he'd be able to talk to him carelessly and happily. He felt lower. Viktor always seemed so much better to Yuri. He was always happy and expressive, yet secretive and silent about his feelings.

"Just make me feel better!" Yuuri screamed. "I just want comfort, can't you see?! Can't you make me just needed?!"

Viktor took a deep breath but didn't say anything. This frustrated Yuuri. Why couldn't he just help him? All he wanted to know was if Viktor love him enough to comfort him.