My Angel

I give out a long sigh, staring up into the dark sky.

"I don't want this..."

I lie on the concrete floor, my school jacket just in between me and the floor. The school staff had already left. I'm alone here. This solitude from the world is really relaxing for me, honestly. Away from my problems. Away from life. The light that illuminates from the moon shines and hits my surroundings. The street is visible. Along with the trees.

My phone rings quietly. The brightening light blinds me. I sit up. A bit irritated, I give a quick glance to see who was calling. I was going to shut it off, but then I see the name.

'Seung-gil Lee ♡'.

I pick it up.

"Hey, what's up?"

I explained to him prior before coming here that I would still be at the school.

...

I did never told him when I'd be done or when I'd be out or what I'd be doing...

"Phichit."

His voice rings in my ears. I start sobbing.

Silently, of course.

"Your parents called me. You aren't home."

"..I'm still at the school."

I hear him give out a relieved sigh.

"This late?"

"Yeah."

"Are you okay?"

There's a silence between us. I hear my heartbeats. Their pace is quickening.

"I'm not sure..."

"Where are you? I don't want you to be alone."

"I'm..."

'I don't have to tell him where I'm at.'

"I'm fine."

"...Phichit, are you sure?"

I know Seung-gil wants to see me, but when he knows I need time alone, he'll leave me alone. I don't know whether or not I want his presence with me. It's nice being alone, but will it be better with him by my side?

...

Probably...

"I... don't know."

"I'll come to you."

The phone call ended.

I laid there.

I loved being happy.

When did it end?

When I found out something changed within me?

When I realized how happy I was being with Seung-gil?

...

I don't really know.

I feel kind of cold, being out here in the middle of the night.

Ha, why would it not be cold at this hour?

Crickets continue to sing. All I hear is wind and the occasional hoot from an owl. The trees rustled as wind blew into their leaves. Knowing that I was the only presence here eased my mind. The school was usually filled with bustling students, blabbering about rumors, celebrity news, or laughter. Now that the school is empty, it feels like a whole new environment.

Tears were still in my eyes. It wasn't like I was sad or anything. I feel like I was experiencing deja vue. Although I've never been up on the roof. Neither have I ever broken school rules before. I feel at peace. With this sickening darkness in the middle of my chest.