Part 1

"140 dollars and 36 cents please."

The wad of bills made the man pause and look at the little girl. "Where are you going?" He asked.

The twelve year old took a breath. She had made a script for this. "I'm Aliza Marvels and I am going to visit my grandmother." Aliza said. "In Ebott Village."

"Does she know you're coming?"

"Yes. My parents decided to let me take the train by myself to see if I can handle it."

The vendor stared at the girl in the purple dress a little bit longer, than shrugged, A ticket was placed on the counter. "Here you go. One ticket to Ebott, two way."

"Thank you sir." Aliza said, taking the ticket. She quickly hurried to Train 10, finding an empty compartment. The girl sat down, closing the door. She sighed, setting her backpack down. Mr and Mrs. Marvels wouldn't be too happy about the money, but she didn't care.

There was a whistle, and the train started.

Aliza had been an orphan for as long as she lived. At least, that's what everybody assumed when a pregnant woman entered the Ebott Hospital, with a body not meant to be pregnant. The unamed mother had died of eclampsia after giving birth to a healthy baby girl. Aliza had been taken to an orphanage, where she had stayed for six unhappy years before being adopted by the Marvels.

Now, the Marvels' marriage was falling apart. But that didn't matter right now.

Aliza had found a clue.

She had been looking over the only thing she had of her mother- a old picture of her mother, with a smile on her face- and noticed the symbol on a nearby doorway.

Looking the odd symbol up, she had found it was called the Delta Rune. It was part of the old legends about monsters being under Mt. Ebott, being the sign of angel. The symbol was found on many ancient ruins in Ebott.

Maybe somebody there had a clue about her mother.

~'~'~

"Ebott Village!"

Aliza hopped off the train, looking around the village.

It had the woodsy feel of a place like Gravity Falls. There were cottages scattered close together in the forest. There were two restaurants, a library, the train station, and not much else.

The girl hurried towards one of the restaurant, the sign saying it was The Swan. It was a family tavern, Aliza perching on a stool. The bartender smiled at her politely. "What can I do for you, miss?"

"Do you know this woman?"

The bartender stared at the picture. "Yeah, I know her. Frisk Snowdin. Odd, crazy lady. Made some pretty good pie though."

"Could you tell me where she lived?"

He sighed. "She used to live in the village until the troubles with Mike."

Aliza bit her cheek. "Who's Mike?"

"A new fellow that kept asking her out. He wasn't very polite about it, so she moved onto the mountain. Frisk was one heck of a looker, you see. And she told the best stories during the festivals. You would be one lucky man to get a girl like that."

"Could somebody show me where she lived?"

The bartender sighed again. "Look kid, Frisk was crazy. Beautiful, but nuts. Nobody goes on the mountain except for hikers."

"Because of the disappearances." Aliza said. She knew this. Over the centuries, seven children had disappeared up the mountain and never returned.

"Yeah. I can draw you a map, however."