Part 20

Aliza ducked under his arm, running for her life. The captain screamed, giving chase. "Run, run, run!" Flowey yelled.

"GET BACK HERE!"

She landed on the molding wood of a bridge. Running, Aliza noted a blue dot appear...

Then a spear slammed out. Stained with blood, it was a menacing blue. Aliza gulped, realizing more blue dots had appeared.

"Dodge!" Flowey suggested.

"I'm gonna skewer your guts!"

"Good idea."

She ran, dodging the spears. The monster growled behind her, armor slowing him down.

Then Aliza tripped.

A large hole loomed...

And...

She...

Fell...

-_-

"Oh, this is beautiful!"

"A beautiful gift for a beauty."

"Aw. What did I do to end up with a boyfriend like you?"

"I...don't have to be your boyfriend."

Aliza awoke with tears in her eyes. She looked up, seeing Flowey looking around in shock. "I thought they all died..." He whispered.

"What?" She asked, sitting up. Once again, she sat in some dead buttercups. Flowey nodded to a crevice, big enough for a young adult to squeeze through. When Aliza squeezed through, she stared.

The entire room was filled with flowers, glowing blue. Each said something, the mixture of voices loud.

"You are the most beautiful woman in the world."

"Your smile is sunshine incarnate."

"I worship you."

Slowly, the voice became familiar.

It was Sans.

-_-

"That was Frisk's love garden." Flowey said later. Aliza had been slogging in the Dump for an hour or so, eyes wet.

"My mother's what?"

"It was a gift from the smiley trashbag when the two were courting. Every morning, he would whisper messages to each flower to tell Frisk how much he loved her."

The girl stared at the ground. "What were they like?"

"Who?"

"My parents, together."

There was quiet. Then Flowey spoke. "Let me put it this way: Heaven, for both of them, was when they were with the other."