Chapter Twenty Eight: The Final Battle

My body tensed and my eyelids disappeared behind the wideness of my eyes. I almost dropped the stone but I managed to keep a firm grip on it. I ignored the voice at first, It's your mind, you haven't slept all night and you just lost your father and your best friend and you're about to loose your brother. I thought to myself logically, but I heard my name being called out again only a different voice. Finally my feet obeyed my heart and my body faced all the voices, in front of me was a scene I had seen in my nightmares. My eyes beheld the ghostly figures of my mother, Lily Evans, my father, Severus Snape, my God father, Sirius Black and my best friend, Fred Weasley. I tried to maintain my breathing and for some odd reason I didn't feel the same way I felt in my dreams. I didn't feel fear instead, the feelings were joy, peace and love. I approached my mother, for the first time in my life that I could remember. She smiled at me and my lips automatically reflected hers. I had to admit I felt a little disappointed that I couldn't compare eye color with her but just seeing her face was more than enough.

"Mum, is that really you?" I asked, shakily, still not knowing if this was a dream or not.

"Yes my darling Raven it's me, oh my have you grown into such a wonderful women and you are to be married, I just can't believe it," she stared at me up and down smiling the whole time.

"I miss you mum, I wish I could have known you, wish I was old enough to protect you and – "I couldn't go on without crying but I held it together.

"Shh sweetheart that is in the past I would have died for you and your brother all over again, I've never had such lovely children," she mused. I needed to ask her one last thing that had been on my mind for as long as I could remember.

"Mum, one last thing, I want you to be honest with me. Do you think of me as a mistake?" Lily's face dimmed, she looked to my father smiled then looked back to me.

"Raven, you were not a mistake, nothing about your existence is a mistake, you'll understand what I mean very soon dear. Raven, I love you sweetheart don't ever forget that," she moved closer to me but could not touch me. I moved to the next ghostly figure, who was my father, I wanted to hug him but knew that I couldn't.

"Dad, why did Voldemort kill you?" I inquired of him.

"Because he thought that if I was still alive then he could have control of the Elder Wand but my precious Raven I was never working for him, my alliance has always been with Dumbledore or at least since I found out that I had a child."

"So George was right, he told me that you were actually acting as a double agent but I thought he had been only joking but he wasn't. Why didn't you tell me?"

"You didn't give me the time to, you were so angry and I couldn't blame your for it – I still don't and I apologize for not being a good father." His face sunk with grief and regret.

"The only thing I wanted from you since I've known was for you to tell me that you were proud of me or just to tell me that you loved me and you gave me that, you were a good father, dad, I just wish you would be the one giving me away at my wedding," my voice whimpered.

"I love you Raven," he whispered.

"I'm only sorry that I didn't listen and I'm sorry I couldn't make you as happy before me."

"Raven, raising you for a little while made me happy but take comfort that I am happy now."

"I love you Dad," I whispered as I moved to Sirius.

"Hello my dear, why the long face?" after he had said that I noticed that tears were streaming down my face.

"I just miss you all," I choked out, wiping them away.