Chapter 8

Just wanted to say.. Thank you @AlyssaWalbridge for sending in your Idea.
**********************************

Sallie P.O.V

Paul told me how Percy had to go back to camp, 'cause of an emergency, but something in his eyes told me that it wasn't the whole truth. Percy would have told me as soon as he arrived. But he didn't so I suspect something else. Something the boys don't want to tell me. Another thing is: Percy didn't fly to camp on Blackjack as he usually would, instead Paul drove him. Which is quite suspicious.

Paul and I decided to go out. It's a very rare thing, since we had to deal with a lot lately (missing Percy and stuff). We were standing in traffic, when it happened.
First we didn't think much of it. I mean it's New York for Gods (plural) sake. But then we saw people outside running away screaming. That's when I saw it. A big army of monsters were marching down the streets.
Here is what I thought:
1. Thought: OMG
2. Thought: I wonder what all those people see
3. Thought: Probably an army of terrorists with trucks (Hellhounds)
4. Thought: Why is Paul freaking out?

I looked over to Paul and saw him staring out the window in fear. He brought out a mixture of words that sounded something like:  "Hellhound...Chimera....Minotaurs" and something that sounded suspiciously like " Kelli". That's when it occured to me that he could see all the monsters. But that's impossible, Paul can't see through the mist
........ 
My breath stopped. " The mist...it's gone"

                     ~~Will P.O.V~~

( back at Camp)

Still trying to proceed what just happened, I went up to Percy's Cabin. He deserves to know. I walked up to his bed, only to find it empty. I started to panic, when I remembered the note Percy wrote. it said to meet him at the lake...my question is: how did he get there. Did he pull himself the whole way down? He must get very strong arms from the pulling.......
ANYWAYS!!! Back to the story

Walking out of the cabin I looked at my watch it was 10:28a.m (for those who don't remember or skipped a chapter or six; they're meeting at 10:30). I had to move fast, otherwise Percy will leave again.

I reached the water just in time. Percy was already starting to sink back into the water. " Percy!" His head shot back up, as soon as he heard my whisper-yell. He swam back to the beach so we could talk. I looked at him more closely. his ears had morphed to blue, pointy, fin-like ears and there where also small fins on his arms. I looked up to his face. He was grinning at me. " So, how was breakfast?" Poor guy, he doesn't know his world just changed drastically. Percy must've noticed I was sad because his goofy smile wavered. He frowned:
"Will what's wrong?"
"Percy, I'm so so sorry."
"Just tell me what's going on!" Percy started to look furious. He hated not knowing....probably his Annabeth-side showing. So I launched into the same explanation Chiron gave us. A very unclear, undetailed one. But I knew Percy understood. His expression told stories. And I can't blame him. He...WE went through sooo much only to be let down again. Can't we just have a break for once? Let the new generation handle it?
Ok, that seemed harsh but you get my point.

"Percy, you can't hide for ever. Especially now where the mist is gone. Tell camp, we need each other right now, they need you and I know you need them."
I saw in his eyes that he was feeling conflicted. I hit a sore spot there and he knows I'm right. " The mist is gone so maybe everyone will see your tail and even if not...you don't know how long this transformation lasts"
"You're right"
"I am?" Wow didn't think I would get through so quickly. Guess I'm quite convincing. "Just", or not, "give me some time to mentally prepare myself" I nodded and got up.
I was just about to leave when I remembered something.
"Tell me, how did you get here all by yourself?" But I never received an answer (cause Percy dead...kidding he just left)
**********************************

You Might think you couldn't have chosen a bigger picture

You Might think you couldn't have chosen a bigger picture....The answer is NO, I spent hours looking for a mermaid with (nearly) the  ears I imagened AND it came with armfins...IT'S A WIN WIN SITUATION!!

I found out much later you can crop it so it's half the size now

Haven't got much to say, just thank you for reading my first story and..

hope to see you next Sunday with BookHippocami

Little Green creature out

A/N that one goes to Liza Koshy

Byyyyyeeeee